KFX and Drum Rack mutes in Live 7

Bug Reporting
sweet_trip

KFX and Drum Rack mutes in Live 7

Post by sweet_trip »

1: KarmaFX Synth v1.03

2: Ableton Live 7.** (latest is 7.0.10, but I've tried it with several versions of 7 prior)

3: Well, I'm trying to make a drum rack using several instances of KarmaFX Synth (I'm building an analog drum synth thing, it sounds awesome BTW!!!). For some reason I can't get the pads to correctly respond to their assigned mute channels. I have two pads with KFX Synth, both pads playing a synth open and close hi hat, and assign them to mute channel 1, for example, they do not choke as they should and play like normal. I've tried doing this with other VSTi synths and I can get them to behave properly. I've sent Ableton a bug report but haven't had a response yet. So I don't know if it's Live, KarmaFX Synth, or a combination of both. Here's a link with the drum rack file http://roby0b.googlepages.com/kFXAnalogDrums.adg

4: I've tested this on both my computers using the same version of Live and KarmaFX Synth.
sweet_trip

Re: KFX and Drum Rack mutes in Live 7

Post by sweet_trip »

...wondering if this is only happening to me :?: :?
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

sorry sweet_trip...:oops: :oops:
thanks for the bugreport!

currently busy trying to wrap up v1.04.

I've downloaded your adg and will try it out...soon! :D
sweet_trip

Post by sweet_trip »

cool!
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

ok, I see what you mean.
I guess it depends on how the choke is done inside live. I mean, is it just ramping the volume or does it rely on a midi detrigger event sent to the synth ?

sounds good btw :)
Maybe you could pleace the Live drum rack inside your patch bank, just as an example on how to use it ?
sweet_trip

Post by sweet_trip »

Oh yeah, duh, of course!

Hmmm, so it sounds like a compatibility issue with Live?