Problems with 1.5 release !

Bug Reporting
karmafx
Site Admin

Problems with 1.5 release !

Post by karmafx »

Hi everybody !

Some people have reported errors, crashes even, with the new version of the synth.. This apparently only happens in some hosts, like e.g. "Traction" and "Cubase SX3", so if you use these hosts I encourage you to wait with the download.
It seems to work fine in e.g. "Live".

I'm looking into this right now and trying hard to fix the problem(s).
I will announce and post a fixed version as soon as possible !

If you have problems the old version of the synth is available here:
http://karmafx.dk/old/KarmaFX_Plugin_Pack14.exe

So sorry for the trouble.

- Kasper / KarmaFX
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

I've fixed a stupid bug in the Synth that made Cubase SX crash hard on startup !

So, if your'e running Cubase it should be safe to download plugin pack 1.5 now... which contains:

* KarmaFX Synth, Version 0.91b, Build 4215
* KarmaFX Synth FX Version 0.91b, Build 4216

(Note that I havn't updated the version number to get this fix out as quickly as possible.)

If you run into any problems with this release, don't hesitate to contact me at karmafx@sync.dk, and I'll fix it ASAP !

- KarmaFX
Nod

Post by Nod »

Hi Karma - nice one on 0.91! Control Panel, Save Parameters With Song and Sample Browsing, amongst all the other improvements, have made life so much easier....Christmas has come early! :D

One thing I have noticed, and I'm not 100% sure whether it's something wrong with my ancient hardware rather than your excellent software, is that when I assign a knob to a parameter in the Control Panel it occasionally goes mad and starts randomly sweeping between values.

Can anyone else confirm /reproduce this behaviour? It could very well be my controller but, assuming that's the case, I've tried all 8 knobs and ribbon strip on my AN1x and all exhibited the same fluctuations...it could possibly also be my host, Ableton Live 5.02, which AFAIK does have some strange behaviour with VST automation buffer...?

Other than that - f'kin brilliant work mate and have a great Christmas...:D