[FIXED] Samples are getting truncated

Bug Reporting
borkman

[FIXED] Samples are getting truncated

Post by borkman »

KarmaFX 1.15
FL Studio 10
Windows 7 64-bit

When I load a sample into the Sampler module (Load Sample button), the sample is truncated. I loaded said sample into other sample players and it was fine. I tried many different samples from different sources and all were truncated by the Sampler module, some quite significantly (perhaps depending on length?). My starting point was New Patch->Simple Sampler.
borkman

Re: Samples are getting truncated

Post by borkman »

More info:

Though not tested exhaustively, it appears that the samples are getting cut exactly in half.

I tried opening some sample-based patches that others have done and they seem to work as expected (though I can't be completely sure because I don't have access to the original samples). The problem seems to lie with the initial load of the sample into the Sampler module.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a bug, but I have not experienced this.

Does this happen when you simply load an existing patch, and when loading a new sample into the sampler?

It the latter case, does the sample format matter? Mono/stereo etc.?
Can you please attach and email me a sample that fails?

Thanks.
borkman

Post by borkman »

The truncation definitely happens when loading a sample. I don't believe it happens when loading a patch, but as I don't have any patches + their original samples I can't be sure.

I converted a stereo sample that was truncated when loading to mono, and it now fully loads. Stereo vs. mono definitely makes a difference! I've sent the stereo sample I used to info@karmafx.net.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Thank you! 8)
I will look into it.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Fixed.
* Bugfix: Stereo samples in sampler could get truncated on load. Fixed. (Thanks Robert)
Fix will be in v1.16.
Thanks for reporting the bug!
borkman

Post by borkman »

Excellent!