Bugsz

Bug Reporting
gmixer

Bugsz

Post by gmixer »

Hi,

I've been using karma FX rather extensively lately (time to donate I think!) and loving it.

For all the bugs below I'm using

1 KarmaFX synth 0.92
2.PT 7cs4 HD system VST2TRTAS wrapper V2.0

because I'm using the wrappper, I don't know if these are reproducible on VST host.

a)

3. GUI fails to draw on open. It flashes up full, then appears greyed out. dragging it on and off screen fixes it.
4. yes, every time the plug is opened in the wrapper.

b)

3. Some patches produce full scale garbage after a while
4. Not yet. (with default patch) set up a sequence (4bars or so) let it play
through, then continue on playing for a minute or two, the noise appears, then noise gradually gets louder an louder (its not delay feedback)

c)

3. Occasionally the plug will 'self oscillate' , getting louder and louder while
it plays. Disabling then enabling the plug-in fixes it.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi gmixer!

Thanks for the feedback !
hey gmixer, are you a pro tools user ?

a) ok, didn't know it was a problem. I've seen something similar in the wrapper in sonar. And, yes I suspect it is due to the wrapper, but I'll look into it in more detail...

b) and c) are issues that I'm completely unaware of....I'll investigate asap and get back to you !

Thanks again !

- KarmaFX
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

I can't reproduce b) nor c) in my hosts... :oops:

I really suspect this is due to the wrapper, but of course I cannot be sure.

I've had the same sequence running for 10 minutes now...and nothing has happended (except me getting tired of listening to it :lol: )

Please, can anyone reading this else report if they've seen similar behaviour in other hosts ?

Thanks.

- KarmaFX
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Haven't seen anything like this myself.

Sometimes though, the input module doen't work - total silence. I'll see if I can isolate the problem and reproduce it to report.
DuX

Post by DuX »

Hello!

This is my first post here, motivated by a possible bug I've found while playing with KarmaFX and an external controller. Here's the report:

1: KarmaFX 0.93b

2: VST Host application - EnergyXT 1.4.0

3: When you right click on any of the controllers on the control panel and assign/learn a MIDI control, you cannot "unassign" it. When you click "clear MIDI control" it keeps working like nothing happened.

4: Reprodusable? Definitely, every time, just do nr.3...

I looked around trying to find if somebody posted this bug before, but couldn't find it, so I decided to register and post it.

btw. Your synth is great and very inspiring. Sounds pretty unique, too, which is probably the best compliment you can get considering there are so many VST synths out there :wink:.

Thanks!

Dave