Installation garbage in the VSTplugins folder

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
1-2-Many

Installation garbage in the VSTplugins folder

Post by 1-2-Many »

Hello,

Would it be possible in future versions to place the following files/folders under a programs folder rather than within the vstplugins folder?

Skins folder with all its .dlls
KarmaFX Synth Core.dll

I know it's prolly no biggie but these showup as unloadable in Cubase and I'm always confusing blue.dll with another plugin. Just seems cleaner to me.

my2C

edit: while I'm at it I'd like to request the ability to scale the gui down. ...and yes, I'm aware of the resize window option.

Thanks
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

1-2-Many, use the feature in Cubase to hide any DLLs you don't want to see.
1-2-Many

Re: Installation garbage in the VSTplugins folder

Post by 1-2-Many »

Argitoth wrote:1-2-Many, use the feature in Cubase to hide any DLLs you don't want to see.
Where is this?
audiojunkie

Post by audiojunkie »

1-2-Many wrote:Hello,

Would it be possible in future versions to place the following files/folders under a programs folder rather than within the vstplugins folder?

Skins folder with all its .dlls
KarmaFX Synth Core.dll

I know it's prolly no biggie but these showup as unloadable in Cubase and I'm always confusing blue.dll with another plugin. Just seems cleaner to me.

my2C

edit: while I'm at it I'd like to request the ability to scale the gui down. ...and yes, I'm aware of the resize window option.

Thanks

I'm actually hoping Kasper keeps everything together, because I'd like him to make this synth portable (as in being able to use it on a USB flash drive). I'm hoping he will make an option that will allow the registry to save to a *.ini file in the KarmaFx synth's folder. However, maybe both can be done......

For example, if an option to either keep a default path or select your own install path is set up, it could work for both situations. :-)

--Sean
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

It might be possible to different extensions for skins and core module (i.e., instead of .dll), thereby avoiding any host confusion. I'll look into that.