Problems when changing Generators to "Input"

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
YahuikBlagbor

Problems when changing Generators to "Input"

Post by YahuikBlagbor »

First of all, I just bought KarmaFX and I love it. I wish more people supported you guys, because this is the best synth I've ever used in terms of features, interface and of course sound quality. Amazing price too, especially with the sale. Price is too low actually. :)

I'm having issues with intermitent sound when I try to change a Generator from a preset to 'Input'

For instance, I'll load in 'Demonic Pad II', and try to change Generator1 from 'Pad' to 'Input' (The input sound is coming from an outside Sampler). From one moment to the next, the audio from the 'Input' generator may get processed through the synth, or it may not. The waveform on the generator shows the audio coming in properly, but it just doesn't make it through the rest of Karma's chain sometimes. It's not that the audio just cuts out, but on any given midi event, the sound may or may not process.

Strangely, the 'Input' works fine every time when I'm using a 'KarmaFX Effect' preset.

Any ideas? I'm probably missing something obvious since I'm just learning to use Karma. BTW, Reaper is my DAW and I've tried several samplers and synths as the input to Karma.
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: Problems when changing Generators to "Input"

Post by karmafx »

Hi YahuikBlagbor and Welcome!

Glad to hear you enjoy the synth. :D
I'll see what I can do about that price :wink: :mrgreen:

When you change the an osc to use the input module, the rest of the instrument is left unchanged, so likely the effect that you experience is due to the fact that most instruments use an amplifier to turn the osc on and off(?) Hence that will also cut the input and the result will be ..no sound. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just guessing.

Remove the amplifier to fix it. Easiest is to:right click on module's titlebar, choose replace->bypass.

Best Regards,
/Kasper
YahuikBlagbor

Re: Problems when changing Generators to "Input"

Post by YahuikBlagbor »

karmafx wrote:Hi YahuikBlagbor and Welcome!

Glad to hear you enjoy the synth. :D
I'll see what I can do about that price :wink: :mrgreen:

When you change the an osc to use the input module, the rest of the instrument is left unchanged, so likely the effect that you experience is due to the fact that most instruments use an amplifier to turn the osc on and off(?) Hence that will also cut the input and the result will be ..no sound. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just guessing.

Remove the amplifier to fix it. Easiest is to:right click on module's titlebar, choose replace->bypass.

Best Regards,
/Kasper
That did the trick! Thanks so much!