MS-20 Emulation!

Additional banks and user patches, submit your own!
flos

MS-20 Emulation!

Post by flos »

DOWNLOAD Flos Bank:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/11/ ... s_bank.rar

Hello world!

I've set up an emulation of the Korg MS-20, to get it simply download my bank of patches for KarmaFx Synth (extract to KarmaFX/Synth/Banks folder of the synth), select patch number 56... and enjoy! 8)

The patch is "MS-20" and is only a start point, work with the parameters and/or disable modulations to create new sounds. :P

The emulation features one envelope generator with delay, attack and release, one ADSR (not AHDSR!) envelope generator, sample & hold, MVCA, noise oscillator, but not external signal processor (sorry!). Notice the modulation generator is an HFO (can also be an LFO) so you can use it to obtain more interesting modulations. :wink:

If you own a real MS-20 please tell me if the emulation is correct or not (notice that I have connected every mod source to every possible parameter controllable, so don't add new patch chords...).

Note: I have added a mixer that has for inputs 2 other mixers; the first outputs the ring-modulated signal, while the other outputs the signal not ring-modulated (this is the only difference in the signal flow from the real one, at least I hope!).
Last edited by flos on 13 Oct 2007 00:07, edited 3 times in total.
jaimun

Post by jaimun »

Hi, I just downloaded it.
I've been playing an MS20 for 25 years, I'll tell you how it feels (and sounds for me!)
What I really like about the real MS20 is the 2 filters and it's hard sound, perfect for fighting with the machine on stage.
I don' patch much the unusual connections, min it.
flos

Post by flos »

Great jaimun! I'm waiting to see what you think... :wink: