Sampler - start position modulated by a non-bipolar envelope

Bug Reporting
Baz

Sampler - start position modulated by a non-bipolar envelope

Post by Baz »

-With KarmaFX Synth 1.04
-In all VST Host application

-When you try to modulate the sample start parameter of the sampler with an enveloppe, it doesn't work until you set it as bipolar (even if only the positive pole used)

-Procedure to repoduce it :

1/ add a sampler , add an enveloppe into a new patch
2/ plug the sampler into the output
3/ connect the enveloppe as a modulater of the sample start parameter
4/ load a loop in the sampler , set the length param to a small value (5 - 10)
set the delta to the max , set the loop as forward or ping pong
5/ set the eg as a simple ramp from 0 to max , increase the eg duration
6/ hit a midi key

-> the start pos is not modulated, the loop is not travelling inside the buffer(this is the bug because if then you...)

7/ set the enveloppe as bipolar , move the first knot to the middle

-> the start pos is modulated even if the lowest part of the eg not used, and the loop travells through the buffer, as expected.
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: Sampler - start position modulated by a non-bipolar envelope

Post by karmafx »

thanks for the detailed bugreport!
Looking into it...
Baz

Post by Baz »

Hello, in fact I'm no more sure at all it's a bug, but there is a strange behaviour with that anyway.Why ? because it works in non-bipolar mode but if you start to put some envelope points from 1 to 0 ( the logic way would be 0 to 1). As shown in this example:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af1fc4f ... vel_03_zip

Si if this bahaviour is normal, I'm sorry for the fake BR. To be honest I had my licence since 24 hours when I posted it.

:wink:
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Thanks for the patch! 8)

I've tried it out, and the patch does seem really weird...
but I cannot see if this behaviour is buggy :?: ...However, maybe if you explain what you are trying to achieve...and I'll try to figure it out. :)

One other thing you can try is to turn on "show mod" on the start knob, since one of the problems is that it doesn't move at all. Then fiddle with the envelope. Note that for 0..1 range the eq amp should be centered (=64).

ok?
Baz

Post by Baz »

Yeah ok...Istill think there's something weird in the modulations...but I can deal with this.The problem here was than in non-bipolar mod modulation was inverted ( 0 was 1 and 1 was 0).
Anyway, now I have no more problem with this, it's assimilated. In the same way you have to assimilate the way I fixed this issue ( = it's finished, no more problem).

I have a whole serie of buffer traveler patchs, maybe I'll released a bank on day or another.