karma crashing after track is saved..........

Bug Reporting
daft777

karma crashing after track is saved..........

Post by daft777 »

1.karma synth 0.98 beta
2.orion pro 7.00
3. the problem is,i made a track using karma synth,and when i went to reopen it,there was no effects or modules on the synth,only a blank screen and when i right clicked on it to try to open a preset it instantly crashes orion pro. im using windows vista,maybe that is the problem? the synth works fine until i try to save the track and re-open it.

any ideas would help!

thxx
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Sorry to hear that ! :oops:
I havn't tested under vista. Bit I will soon.
Just to clarify, was it synth or the synth fx that crashed?
daft777

Post by daft777 »

it is the synth. i have 2 versions of your synth installed,i think the other is 96. i tried to replicate the crash on the older one and it works fine. by the way your synth is amazing and ill be donating in the next few days,its just amazing!

thxx
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

wow...it crashes and you still think it's "amazing". That's the spirit! :D :shock:

But seriously...Thanks! 8)

Does the crash happen every time you reload a track ?
Or only when using certain patches/modules ???

I'll try to get hold of a demo of orion pro (if possible?) and check it out...It might not be the OS' fault.

Thanks for reporting the crash!
ksn

Post by ksn »

i own Orion Pro so i tried (only very quickly) : i had no problem after saving/reloading with Orion Pro 7 + Karma FX 0.98 with the default patch
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

okay...thanks ksn!
daft: can you perhaps try the same with the default patch, and see if it crashes? if it does, then its probably the OS...although I cannot think of why that would be the case...
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

I've just seen a crash in Ableton Live / WinXP when reloading a saved song. Looks like it could be the same "bug". ...It doesn't happen consistently....but it did happen, so I will investigate.
daft777

Post by daft777 »

ok,ive been messing around with it some more and each song i save in the new version locks up orion pro when i try to reopen it after being saved. i dont know what else to try atm.
ksn

Post by ksn »

daft777 it's quite strange, i tried with a simple line and nearly each preset from the excellent teh flos bank, and had no problem at all (Orion Pro 7 + Karma 0.98 ) :?
daft777

Post by daft777 »

when i get off work ill try and reinstall it and let you know if that works.
cheers