Noise modules outputting same noise seed (FIXED)

Bug Reporting
Argitoth

Noise modules outputting same noise seed (FIXED)

Post by Argitoth »

I like my percussion to sound stereo so I double the nosie modules and pan them left and right. It works. Upon recalling a patch, both nosie modules output the same exact noise so the stereo sound is lost. That is, until you fiddle with one of the nosie modules, then they will go out of sync and the stereo effect will come back.

I think the bug has to do with noise modules resetting and somehow they will be on the same noise "seed" until you unsync them by fiddling with the module's settings.
Last edited by Argitoth on 07 Jun 2008 09:03, edited 1 time in total.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

You're right. Modules will go back in sync whenever you reload the patch or hit a midi key provided they have the same seed setting and trigger is on. Does it not sound stereo if you choose different seeds for the modules ? Is trigger on or off in your case ?
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

karmafx wrote:Does it not sound stereo if you choose different seeds for the modules ?
Choosing a different seed won't solve the problem. I would assume that it should...
karmafx wrote:Is trigger on or off in your case ?
Turning trigger on will solve the problem, but I don't want trigger to be on because then you get machine-gun effect. :)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

ok. then it sounds like a bug when trigger is off. In that case it should use the seed to initiate the randomness when the module is started up.
I'll look into it.