FL Studio 5.0.2 - Karma patch not saving right...

Bug Reporting
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

FL Studio 5.0.2 - Karma patch not saving right...

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

In FL Studio I created an empty karma patch, and built a nice synth...and wrote a nice song...and was quite happy with it...and so i saved it. Usually in FL, if you load a VST in Fruity Wrapper, tweak the thing to your hearts content, then save, the tweaks are saved too.

But, later on, i went to reload my song, and lo an behold, karma was back on the default simple synth preset....AAAARRRRGGGHH! I cried!

Now, is that a Karma error? Or an FL error?

I noticed some other songs i saved with karma in em didnt have that problem. I also noticed that after i tediously tried to recapture that lost sound, and stored the patch, then saved, it didnt dissapear.

Whats up with all this?
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi Matthew !

Sorry to hear you lost your work :cry:

You are right, it's not a bug in FL studio... more like a missing feature in KarmaFX Synth. To make the patch load right in any host, you have to store the patch in a bank before saving the song (i.e., like on a hardware synth)...

However, you are not the 1st to ask about this, so I'm planning to change this behaviour: So saving the patch to disk is optional, and the patch instead always is stored within the song.

Hopefully, I'll have it done in next release.

- KarmaFX
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

done. it works.
will be in next release :D

- KarmaFX
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

my god! you are so amazingly quick at implementing stuff....quite different to most devs...they take bloody ages...

keep up the great work. 8)

PS howcome some of my songs stored the patch ok?
djsynchro

Post by djsynchro »

karmafx wrote:
You are right, it's not a bug in FL studio... more like a missing feature in KarmaFX Synth. To make the patch load right in any host, you have to store the patch in a bank before saving the song (i.e., like on a hardware synth)...

However, you are not the 1st to ask about this, so I'm planning to change this behaviour: So saving the patch to disk is optional, and the patch instead always is stored within the song.

- KarmaFX
Now that is fucking good news (excuse my French) ! I had stopped using it for that reason alone. When I work on a track I keep saving everytime an "element" happens. (So I can backtrack if something was better in the beginning if I need to)
So I might have 30 versions (more like "states") of a track with slightly different settings to everything...
And it was just so impractical with having to find an empty slot and naming it and giving it a number blahblah....

So next version the edit buffer will be saved with the song now eh? Yahooo!!!!! KFX=Back in the Rack!

:D
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi synchro !

glad to hear it !!!! I must admit that not having stuff saved was starting to bother me aswell...for the exact same reasons that you mention...so I'm thrilled to get it in !

Unfortunatly, the bad news is that the new version is delayed I'm sorry
to say. Hopefully I'll have it finished by the end of the this week !!

The good news is that it will have a new control panel from which you can edit the 32 (midi assignable) controllers, load/store/edit properties on patches, browse patches, switch banks and adjust the main volume of the synth....

It will also feature a new parametric filter and of course tweaks and bugfixes as usual !
djsynchro

Post by djsynchro »

Hey Kasper!

Yeah man that really was the ONLY thing, I was thinking of asking you but I thought maybe it meant a complete rewrite of the whole engine or something.

That is so amazing I can't tell you, it's so much fun patching cables, been missing that. I never really save patches anymore, I make a little sequence & drag the midiclip into the library in Live (Liveclips) saves all the settings! (and fx if there were any).

By the way I still can't get the filter to track the keyboard? If you have time can you explain? I thought the controller passed midi note information to all the modules that were plugged into it? Or do I need to route a cable to the tracking knob? Heeeelllllppppp! :D
djsynchro

Post by djsynchro »

karmafx wrote: The good news is that it will have a new control panel from which you can edit the 32 (midi assignable) controllers, load/store/edit properties on patches, browse patches, switch banks and adjust the main volume of the synth....
Sounds like the perfect Chirtmas gift :D
I don't think I ever told you, I use a Behringer BCF2000 the controllers thing with Karma FX is really perfect, on cubase emulation mode VST parameters of synths appear in pages of 8 paramters. On some synths you have to wade through all the pages to get at the on e you want to tweak. On Karma FX they appear in the order they were assigned.

Which is great, it usually only the filters and maybe 1 or 2 other things I need to tweak, it means they are there as soon as I press edit on the BCF!
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

djsynchro wrote: Sounds like the perfect Chirtmas gift :D
I don't think I ever told you, I use a Behringer BCF2000 the controllers thing with Karma FX is really perfect, on cubase emulation mode VST parameters of synths appear in pages of 8 paramters. On some synths you have to wade through all the pages to get at the on e you want to tweak. On Karma FX they appear in the order they were assigned.
Cool.. didn't know... Glad it works :D
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

djsynchro wrote:Hey Kasper!

By the way I still can't get the filter to track the keyboard? If you have time can you explain? I thought the controller passed midi note information to all the modules that were plugged into it? Or do I need to route a cable to the tracking knob? Heeeelllllppppp! :D
I've turned up the keyb. tracking range in v0.91, so please wait and try it there when it is released... but yes you've got it right!:
The notepitch controller sends a frequency signal to all previous
modules. So if you have a filter in the chain it will use that signal for tracking !
djsynchro

Post by djsynchro »

karmafx wrote: I've turned up the keyb. tracking range in v0.91, so please wait and try it there when it is released...
What an excellent idea!!! Does it overtrack now? Yeehaaaahh!!!!

I'm going to wait patiently hoping it will be there by X-mas (cuz I hate X-mas & then I'll stay home alone & tweak my head off) but take your time do it right...

I have a very good feeling about the upcoming version!!! :D

Thanks man!