BUG?: Patch sounds different after project load

Bug Reporting
pedx1ng

BUG?: Patch sounds different after project load

Post by pedx1ng »

Since you fixed the last bug I figure you needed something to do, so I found another bizarre bug for you. :wink:

Actually this one is very strange. How to begin...

I took that "303 like27" patch from the Bass bank and modified it, removing the pattern controller and making it so I can play it normally from the keyboard.

I then stored my edit to my own bank.

No problems so far. Using it in a blank project it plays as expected. Then I loaded up my other project to see about using it in there and that's when things got interesting.

In the new project, I loaded the patch and it sounded different. It sort of sounded bit crushed, very harsh.

I close REAPER, restart it and go back to a blank project, and load in the patch. It sounds back to the way it did before, normal. Loading in my other project, it sounds crushed again. Now, staying inside the program, I load a blank project and add the sound. This time it sounds crushed still. So something is happening when I switch to the other project, and the state will carry over into new projects from there.

I tried to save an audio snippet to show you how it sounds different between the two, but it actually rendered out normally despite the fact that it sounded crushed in the DAW.

The irony is I kinda like the sound of the crushed version so I modified my patch and added the Bitshuffle module.

I hope I explained well enough.

Anyway, do you think it's a problem with Karma or Reaper? Do you want me to email you my patch?

(By the way, how about letting us attach small files to forum posts. Will make things easier as I don't have web storage).
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

http://shup.com/

Shup is your friend. So is Google. But Shup and Google aren't getting along right now, so I suggest you keep your relationships with the two separate. Don't invite them to the same party. :roll:

BTW pedx1ng, you think you can defeat my bug-finding ability? Don't get cocky! :twisted:
pedx1ng

Post by pedx1ng »

Argitoth wrote:http://shup.com/

Shup is your friend. So is Google. But Shup and Google aren't getting along right now, so I suggest you keep your relationships with the two separate. Don't invite them to the same party. :roll:

BTW pedx1ng, you think you can defeat my bug-finding ability? Don't get cocky! :twisted:
I must be dense but I'm a little confused by Shup. I can't tell whether it is just a file uploading utility or if it provides actual space for storing stuff. I guess I should just download it and see what it's all about.

And don't worry, I humbly bow before you Argitoth!
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

You can download a program for instant and easy upload OR you can just use the website to upload stuff. Personally, I use the program. It's all very pain-free.

continuation of this thread: viewtopic.php?t=444
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Yes, this bug is fixed.
viewtopic.php?t=444