Talk me out of getting this VST...

Free talk, link to your music site and whatelse
pedx1ng

Talk me out of getting this VST...

Post by pedx1ng »

(Kasper if this topic is considered out of line, feel free to delete it)

I'm suffering from a little 'gearlust' at the moment. (If you can call software gear, lol).

A new VST has recently been released called Circle. I won't link it here out of respect to Kasper, but you can easily find the link if you search. There is a demo there as well.

I adore it's user interface. It just really clicks for me. My only real complaint about Karma is seeing the patch cable routing. In Circle there are colored circles where the routings go. In something as advanced as Karma that wouldn't work because you have so many options for routing that you'd run out of colors. But in Circle it works really well.

The presets are a mixed bag. (I really like "Afraid of the Sunlight" though). The VST also has higher than average CPU usage I'd say. And frankly I just think it's way overpriced for what you get. But I just love that UI, so against all reason I am actually tempted to get it.

I am curious, can you take a look at the architecture. It has wavetable oscillators that you can morph between. The LFOs can also have 2 shapes you can morph between. And you can set a fade in and delay on them. Other than those two features I don't see anything that Karma lacks in comparison.

So talk me out of it. My gut is telling me it doesn't offer anything substantially different than what I can achieve with what I got and that it should cost at least half, but I adore the interface...

I guess I am a sucker for good interfaces. One of the things that drew me to Karma was that it looked really well laid out and the interface is intuitive and easy to work with. (Except for connecting patch cables, I still think that could improved on).
MadGonzo

Post by MadGonzo »

i vouch for karmafx synth
numerous reasons..
most of all - the guy that makes it is around to hear our amendments
pedx1ng

Post by pedx1ng »

MadGonzo wrote:i vouch for karmafx synth
numerous reasons..
most of all - the guy that makes it is around to hear our amendments
Oh I already own KarmaFX. I got it quite a while ago. I am not looking to replace it. Even if I got that other one I would still use Karma.
sweet_trip

Post by sweet_trip »

There's been so much talk about Circle lately. I think it is a great example of visuals/aesthetics reigning over sound. Circle has a great workflow, definitely, and it looks good, but I feel the sounds are very average. Sounds ok, not good, not bad.