Some KarmaFX synth feature requests

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
robenestobenz

Some KarmaFX synth feature requests

Post by robenestobenz »

Just a few things I'd like to see and think would be very useful (in no particular order):
  • Right click allows user to change banks as well as patches.
    When running at a lower resolution it can be a bit of a pain always having to scroll down to the control panel. What would be even cooler would be if each bank was listed, with its presets as a nested menu - the only thing is, does windows allow nest buttons (e.g. program files in start menu) to have a different function when clicked on?
  • Sub-patch feature
    i.e. being able to save the parameter configurations of a patches' components, leaving all components and routing exactly the same as the parent patch. So the main patch would become a virtual synth/effect set to one preset, and the sub-patches would be the other presets of it.
  • Envelope beat grid feature
    A grid display would be very useful for creating rhythmic/synced envelopes and step sequencers, allowing the user to select the grid res (1/8, 1/4, 1/2 etc) and maybe showing bars with lighter or darker lines. Currently it's quite difficult to do sequencing in the step sequencer at resolutions finer than the selected beat resolution.
  • Slew Rate Limiter module
    I think this would be an excellent addition to modulation in KarmaFX. Basically, what a slew rate limiter does is limit the speed of a signal's rate of change - eg if an envelope component suddenly went from outputting 127 to 0, there would be a smooth curve inbetween the two values. It's a cool sounding effect used on pitch, used on a filter tied to a modwheel, as a release phase for any sudden drop in signal strength - all sorts of stuff.

This is an example of what it does - but with MIDI CCs in energyXT. This was produced by sending one message at 0, one at 127, and one at 0 again:

//edit: Oops! Bit big, but oh well.
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

Right click allows user to change banks as well as patches.
Slew Rate Limiter module
Envelope beat grid feature

:D i like the sound of those
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Do you think any of these are good ideas Kasper?

Personally, the right click bank change and envelope/step grid would make the biggest difference - an envelope grid would make sequences using more than one unit of timing so much easier.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

no promises...but Yes,

* Right click allows user to change banks as well as patches.
* Slew Rate Limiter module
* Envelope beat grid feature

would be easy to add.
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

karmafx wrote:no promises...but Yes,

* Right click allows user to change banks as well as patches.
* Slew Rate Limiter module
* Envelope beat grid feature

would be easy to add.
Thanks!! That you'd even consider adding them makes me really happy.
BKTormey

Post by BKTormey »

A mixer module please?