Sampler

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Sampler

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

I love the new features added to the sampler - couple of q's:

how do we edit the note/velocity mapping for samples? and it seems that freq/delta settings affect all samples - is there a way to edit pitch of individual samples?

i am lookin forward to the manual ;)

also itd be cool if the led that switches the gui to the keyboard display was a little keyboard icon ;)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi matthew....will consider your suggestion!

well, its a little tricky as you propably found out...

left click/press and drag on keyboard picture to move root key of sample (ie the fundamental pitch of sample).

to adjust velocity range hold shift, and left and right button to set
upper left and lower right corner respectively.

If you have better ideas for key/mouse input, let me know...i'm willing to change it.

btw: the arrows next to the sample display are now dedicated to switching between (multi) samples. To do sample browsing on disk (like in previous version) hold shift and click arrows.

yes start, length, delta, freq are "global" for all samples in a multi sample. what is it you want to do ?
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

thanks the Shift-CLick is fine to edit velocity and note ranges - once you kno it exists :D

about the start, length, delta, freq settings - in a multisample they would become redundant because even in a well sampled instrument, each sample differs from the next - if i wanted to tweak the start point of just one sample it would affect all of them right?

it would be nice to have a little option like DirectWave when editing samples - global (the current behaviour) or selected - so you can edit individual samples settings.

PS how robust is SF2 import?
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

ok....I see your point...will take it into consideration.
hmmm..perhaps, should it only be local for a sample in multi mode?

sf2 import is not well polished if thats ehat you mean ...it simply reads the samples, the rootkeys, the velo-ranges...grouping linked stereo samples to stereo, but thats it... so it doesn't consider layers or any of
the other modulator parameters. The reason is that making a full sampler is a whole new project on its own.... but by all means if you have a specific feature request let me know :)
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

yea local for a sample in multi mode would be good...but with a little switch on the GUI so we can pick between global and local edit modes...