Possible new Modules

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
TC

Possible new Modules

Post by TC »

Hi All

Just getting used to working with KarmaFX.
But would like to suggest some new possible modules( as if we don't have enough) but I have not seen these in other virtual modulars.

1. I have a real modular: an older EML 200. It has a very interesting module called the Electronic Switch. Basically..you feed it two inputs, and then you can vary the out put of the two inputs with two rate controls. You can get interesting rytmical stuff, or even morphing kind of stuff. I suggest a module like this, perhaps with a delay control inbetween so you can do crossfading/morphing of sounds.

2. Also: while the step sequencer in graphic format is cool, may I suggest a traditinal view of knobs or slider with values displayed as notes? It is hard to get "tonal" stuff from the way it is now, although it may be my fault in not knowing all the controls.

3. I am still going thru the filter types, but a Dirty Filter would be cool...more distorted.

Tim
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi TC! Thanks for the suggestions!

1) Sounds interesting... I'll try to read up on what this module does, to see if it is possible to simulate...

2) Yes, I agree...a pattern like editor (controller quite like step modulator but with notes) is now a planned feature!

3) In what way "distorted"...303 style filter distortion, or are you after something different ?
TC

Post by TC »

karmafx wrote:Hi TC! Thanks for the suggestions!

1) Sounds interesting... I'll try to read up on what this module does, to see if it is possible to simulate...

2) Yes, I agree...a pattern like editor (controller quite like step modulator but with notes) is now a planned feature!

3) In what way "distorted"...303 style filter distortion, or are you after something different ?
Thanks for looking into these, and glad to hear a new seq is in the works.!
For the filter, I was thinking of when you start turning up the Q, it starts to get a little distorted, but harmonically so It would be different then just putting a waveshapper on it, as when you start turning down the Q, it gets more "normal".

The electronic switch on the EMl is like this:

A channel with gain and "On Time " knobs, and Input
B channel with Gain and "On Time" knobs, with input as well as input for a pulse( trigger) so the timing of B channel is triggered by an external source such as a pulse or Square wave from an LFO. I guess you could also use the gate out of a sequencer module.

Here is the description from my EML 200 literature:

The Electronic switch alternates two audio sources to a single output. The duration of each sourse at the output is independantly adjustable and is deturmined by an internal variable ratio oscillator. The range may be varied over a 300 to 1 range. External triggers may be used in place of the internal oscillator.

Hope that helps!!

EDIT: BTW: anybody: would this be a useful module?

Edit: also..is there a ring mod in Karmafx? Guess I have to look more :-)

Tim
Soundscape

Post by Soundscape »

ha some nice ideas yeaha, i also did ask some mudule adds
like the pattern step-sequencer,glad to see he's already working on it :D
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Yep, and I'm using your drawing as inspiration, Soundscape !
Thanks!
Soundscape

Post by Soundscape »

waau cool