Naming modules

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
roby

Naming modules

Post by roby »

Hello,

I was thnking it would be great to be able to name modules to make it easier to to know, for example, what ADSR module control filter cut off. To be able to rename a module "Filter ADSR" would be so nice.

Thanks
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi Roby, and thanks for the idea. :)

In fact you're not the first person to ask for this feature... and its not a bad idea at all. However, the synths current internal design makes a change like this quite difficult. I have it on my list, but it won't be a version 1.0 feature. Sorry. :roll:
sweet_trip

Post by sweet_trip »

hi roby here again, under a different name :)

would this be possible in the near future???
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi roby, and welcome back ! 8)

The problem I have with this feature is that there isn't that much room for a title in the first place. Something like "Filter ADSR" is most likely fine, but anything longer than that would not fit without changing fonts or rearranging the gui. The latter I'm not keen on doing at this point.

But I guess I can give it a shot, and see how it turns out. :D
sweet_trip

Post by sweet_trip »

Right now the best alternative is mapping controls to the control panel and labeling them, which works fine. But yeah, being able to name the modules would be very helpful. I know there's hardly any space on modules for custom names, but we had the option of completely replacing their default names with our own custom names, I think that would be sufficient. For example I could replace 'Modulator 1' with 'env>fltr'.
sweet_trip

Re: Naming modules

Post by sweet_trip »

bump :wink: