Sorry, another question

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Argitoth

Sorry, another question

Post by Argitoth »

Is there a way to make each voice have their own envelope sequence? Specifically, I wanted each voice to have their own filter sequence.
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

Oooh, I think I figured it out, it's that CLK button? What is CLK? I thought it was click. I'm like? Click? Ok, let's have it click at the beginning of each voice... :P I'm a noob.
flos

Post by flos »

Mmm I'm not sure what you are in search for, what do you mean by 'voice'? You mean a generator or something else? That CLK button is used only to avoid clicks when you trigger notes too fast! Anyway you can route each osc to its own filter-fx-envs-etc... and then mix everything routing the various sequences in the notepitch module. Clear? :wink:
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

By voice I meant, for example, if you play three notes on your keyboard, that is three voices. I don't mean oscillators.

I'm trying to make it so when you hit one note activating one voice and it has an attack on the envelope, the envelope doesn't restart and have an attack on the first voice when you hit another note to trigger a second voice. Rather, the first voice has the attack and sustains while the other voice also slowly comes in with it's own attack and sustain.

Sorry, it's hard to explain in words.
flos

Post by flos »

Argitoth wrote:By voice I meant, for example, if you play three notes on your keyboard, that is three voices. I don't mean oscillators.

I'm trying to make it so when you hit one note activating one voice and it has an attack on the envelope, the envelope doesn't restart and have an attack on the first voice when you hit another note to trigger a second voice. Rather, the first voice has the attack and sustains while the other voice also slowly comes in with it's own attack and sustain.

Sorry, it's hard to explain in words.
Mmm, that's the thing I was suspecting... :) I didn't understand well the first part of your discourse, maybe because of my poor english, but I think you can't assign different envs to different voices, at least as far as I know, but if it isn't possible now maybe kasper could plan to implement this if say that it is so important!
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

flos wrote:I think you can't assign different envs to different voices.
Not trying to assign different envelopes to different voices. Simply trying to get each voice to have their own attack and release, separate from each other. Similarly, it would be important to have the option for each voice to be processed by LFOs individually. This is pretty standard across synthesizers.

Edit: Ok, so I figured it out. It's the trigger button that tells KarmaFX to process each voice individually. This is pretty standard. :P
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

ADSR - Does not RESTART, but processes each voice individually until it reaches max polyphony (very unique)
Envelope - RESTARTS for each voice unless legato (standard for synths)
LFO - Processes each voice individually when "Trigger" is turned on. (standard)

I am still trying to figure out what the difference between routing things before and after the NotePitch is.