Hotkeys (not important enough IMO)

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Argitoth

Hotkeys (not important enough IMO)

Post by Argitoth »

Dang, I just realized KarmaFX has no hotkeys (except for adjusting synth parameters)

Is this because of the problem where hosts don't let synths have hotkeys without some certain feature turned on or something? I dunno what I'm saying. However, hotkeys for minimize/maximize all and show/hide modulation would be sweet.

Also, if you could come up with a hotkey for summoning modules such as Ctrl + E creates an effect module (the first one on the list) then you can switch the module to the effect you want.
Last edited by Argitoth on 01 Feb 2008 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Ctrl-R is currently the only active hotkey. It reloads a skin when a
raw skin is loaded, so it is generally not so useful...Hotkey support is really easy to add though.

However, In the past I've refrained from doing hotkey support, simply because there is a good chance that it might interfere with already defined hotkeys in some host applications.

If someone knows a way around this - or possible have suggestions - please let me know. Maybe a simple solution could be to have a hotkey enable switch.
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

There's a setting options in ShortCircuit 2 which says "Keyboard Input Mode" and then you have a list of options:

Autodetect=OS
OS
VST
App Hook
Separate Window

I forget which one works for me (on a PC-Cubase Studio 4). One of them will make it so the host doesn't recieve any keyboard inputs if the vst is in focus. But anyway, I bet hotkeys isn't as important as other things you have planned for KarmaFX!