Sampling Enhancements?

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Nod

Sampling Enhancements?

Post by Nod »

Hi Karma,

Been spending more quality time with 0.9 and have started to make use of the sampler, sequencer & all the other goodies....great stuff :D

I was wondering if in addition to the 'Load Sample' & 'Clear Sample' it would be possible to add 2 small buttons that would select the 'Next' Or 'Previous' sample in the current directory?

I've got a pretty large collection of single cycles and synth wavs from the likes of Virus B, Waldorf Microwave, Pulsar Modular etc and this would really expand the functionality. There's also a neat little toy called RndWave which generates cycles here : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jez.price/effects.htm
- could be useful for anyone looking for other sources.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hey Nod !

Thanks for the idea... I think it would be neat to be able to browse quickly like that! I'll think about how to implement it in the best possible way.

Also, (fyi) I'm currently working on an "Additive" generator in which it will be possible to design waveforms...

- KarmaFX
Nod

Post by Nod »

karmafx wrote:Hey Nod !

Thanks for the idea... I think it would be neat to be able to browse quickly like that! I'll think about how to implement it in the best possible way.
Cool - would definitely help to keep the 'flow' of ideas quick when working with large banks of samples. Maybe even just a couple of small arrows so as not to clutter the interface?
karmafx wrote:Also, (fyi) I'm currently working on an "Additive" generator in which it will be possible to design waveforms...
Seriously looking forward to that 8) It just keeps on getting better & better!
JamminFool

Post by JamminFool »

hi nod,
great idea for sample browsing!

@karmaFX: really looking forward to the additive component, too!

it really does just keep getting better...
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

done. sample browsing will be in next release! :D

need to wrap v.0.91 up, so the additive generator wont appear until v.0.92.
JamminFool

Post by JamminFool »

woohoo! :D
can't wait.
thanks.
djsynchro

Post by djsynchro »

Sampler: Would be cool if startpoint & loop position would be independent.
And a loop crossfade parameter would be useful.
(Both like it works in Simpler in Ableton Live)

:D