Organizing patch list (resolved)

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Argitoth

Organizing patch list (resolved)

Post by Argitoth »

I tried changing the order of the patches in the txt and renaming the patches. It's as if KarmaFX doesn't like you to touch anything. How do I organize the patches without causing errors in KarmaFX?
Last edited by Argitoth on 07 Jun 2008 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

organizing is still not easy...

you can easily insert delimiters by writing "-" on a line, without screwing up the index file. but unfortunatly, the only real way to _move_ a patch is to load it and save it from inside the synth, since that updates the index file. (EDIT: Note that you can load and save accross banks too from inside the synth.)

however, i'm thinking of adding a simple feature, so when loading an empty or non existing index file. It will simply generate it from what is in the directory. Then, you only have to organize it on the disk. how does that sound?
let me know if you have a better idea...
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

so you're saying a system where you delete the text file and rename the patches for example:

000_bass
001_lead
002_pad

renamed to

000_pad
001_bass
002_lead

will create a new txt?

I'll gladly rename my patches. The only better idea I have includes re-configuring the naming system where the patches don't have numbers at the beginning, the patches just have their name and in the txt file you can just change the list. For example:

in patch folder:

bass.kfx
lead.kfx
pad.kfx

in txt file:

pad
bass
lead

or

pad
lead
bass

whatever the order it shows up in KarmaFX in the order of the txt.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

hi... :D

the only problem with names without numbers is that you then can't have to patches with the same name on disk. :roll:

But re-creating an index file from the direcory structure will be easy for me to add. If you havn't already, you're welcome add it to the feature request list 8)
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

way ahead of you!
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Done. Will be in next release. :D