Note to modulation Module

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Argitoth

Note to modulation Module

Post by Argitoth »

:x Lol! For the longest time I thought the "MidiTrig" module was a module that sent data based on velocity or midi notes, but I read the manual and discovered it's actually for limiting data, is this correct?

For a while now I've been trying to use it as a modulator to do things like note panning:

Code: Select all

<input>
   |
   |
 Panner<--Note to Modulation (keyboard tracking)
   |
   |
<NotePitch Polyphony: 16>
   |
   |
<Stereo Output>
This setup would make low notes pan left and high notes pan right. This is something I do a lot to make mono synths sound stereo.

At the same time, if you were to create a keyboard tracking module, you could implement a feature to set which note is the middle note and also include velocity tracking. Higher velocity could pan right or left.
Last edited by Argitoth on 20 Feb 2008 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: FR: Note to modulation Module

Post by karmafx »

First of all, sorry for the slow reply... :roll:
Argitoth wrote::x Lol! For the longest time I thought the "MidiTrig" module was a module that sent data based on velocity or midi notes...
That is correct.
Argitoth wrote: ...but I read the manual and discovered it's actually for limiting data, is this correct?
No. not that I know of :-)

MidiTrig received midi note and velocity info and handles these as two separate signals. You can scale the amplitude of the note signal, using the "note" knob, and likewise scale the velocity signal using the "velocity" knob.

The two signals are then mixed based on the "mix" knob.
If the mix knob is turned full right, only the velocity signal will be output.
On the other hand, if the mix knob is turned full left only the note signal will be output. Any other setting will blend the two signals.

Your drawn setup should work, just make to turn the mix knob full left to only output the note modulation signal.

Maybe I should clarify this in the manual.
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

Oh, you know why I was confused? The effect is too subtle! I have an 88 key keyboard and I have to play the highest note and the lowest note for the synth to pan hard left and right. If there was a way to increase the effect, it might be a good idea!

.....and if you are going to update the MidiTrig it would also be helpful to be able to set that note is considered the middle note... I could make feature requests for ever though. I have no idea what features YOU would like to see in YOUR OWN product. :wink: