Feature Request: Modulate Tempo Divider

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
J3RK

Feature Request: Modulate Tempo Divider

Post by J3RK »

Hello,

Beautiful synth!

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to modulate the tempo divider for synced modules (like Step, or Pattern,) so they could be changed on the fly using something like S&H or LFO or the like.

It would also be helpful if one could deselect certain divisions. (so you could have 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 active,) and switch between them based on a synced S&H output. This could make some interesting rhythmic patterns.

Just a thought.
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

While you're at it, I would like there to be a way to "unsync" the Step and Pattern modules so you can modulate the speed like an LFO.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

The ideas are great, really....
Just wish I knew where to find the space in the GUI to add these things...
Maybe I'll have to bit the bullet and increase the size of the step/pattern modules.
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

For unsync, right click on Tempo --> Select "Unsync"

At least this idea saves space for unsync feature. Not sure about the other requested features though.
Argitoth

Re: Feature Request: Modulate Tempo Divider

Post by Argitoth »

J3RK wrote:It would also be helpful if one could deselect certain divisions. (so you could have 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 active,) and switch between them based on a synced S&H output. This could make some interesting rhythmic patterns.
This is a bit of an extensive feature requests. We'd need check boxes or something. I think it's better if you simply setup a step modulator to modulate another step modulator's tempo (after the tempo modulation feature is implemented)
J3RK

Post by J3RK »

karmafx wrote:The ideas are great, really....
Just wish I knew where to find the space in the GUI to add these things...
Maybe I'll have to bit the bullet and increase the size of the step/pattern modules.
Is 1024 the largest size you can use for the total instrument size? It's great to have the lower selections (especially if people are using laptops,) however, if the upper limit could be increased, I think it would be great. I use a couple of 1680x1050 panels, and could easily work with something like 1280x960 or even a wide mode (if that's possible,) like 1600x960, and I'm sure there are others that could use even higher modes. Is it trivial to add more sizes, or do you run into problems with VST spec or something like this?
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

No, there is no technical limitation.
I just made a quick test where it is running in 1600x1200 :-)
I'm thinking of adding a custom resolution option...
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

the only problem I have with the larger resolution option, is that patches saved in highres will look funky when loaded in lowres, 1024x768.