Multi sampling?

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Multi sampling?

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

Is it possible to use lots of sample generator modules to make a multi sampled instrument with each sample having a specific keyrange? if not, the keyrange option should be added to the notepitch controller
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

No sorry..that is not currently possible.

I've been thinking about several ways to do this:

1) Modify the sampler to support multiple (layered) samples, with adjustable keyranges.

2) Leave the sampler as is, and create a new "multisample" generator.

3) Modify (or create another) notepitch controller as you suggest...

I'm currently leaning more towards option 2.

What do you think ?

- KarmaFX
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

now that you mention it, favour option 2 first, the idea of having loads of samplers with their own amps all wired into loads of note-pitch controllers can get a little messy i guess, whereas a new multisample generator would be awesome.

but it would be cool to have a keyrange option on all notepitch controllers, just that added function would be useful...even for single sample instruments, so you cant play the sample too high/low and really distort it....
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

ok ill bump this topic...kasper did u do this? Is this implemented anywhere? It doesnt seem so, and i hope it will be...
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

No sorry, havn't worked on this yet.... next release...or maybe only first in the release after that :roll:
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

cool...lookin forward to it.
kodama

Post by kodama »

I think the easiest/most elegant solution for now may be to add a key range setting for all Generator Components?

That way you could also make analog/Fm drum kits!

:!:
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

read karmas post above, weve already discussed the best ways to do this. A brand new multisample generator would be the best solution, but i also still am for having a keyrange option on all notepitch controllers, for things like drum patches that is the best solution.

I just hope it gets implemented as soon as reasonably possible! :D