Custom window sizes in v1.02

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
karmafx
Site Admin

Custom window sizes in v1.02

Post by karmafx »

Hi!

Since I've just added support for custom window sizes, I want to share these cool screenshots.

Here is the Synth running in 1600x1000. Plenty of room compared to the standard 1024x768.

If you want to go crazy, you can also set it to around 3200x1000 e.g. for running on dual monitors:

1024x768 will still be the standard resolution.
But this option is nice if you have pixels to spare.
Maximum resolution is 3200x1200. Minimum is 400x400.
EDIT: Maximum resolution is now 4096x2048.

Will be in v1.02.
Last edited by karmafx on 08 Jun 2008 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

SOOWEET. More space to destroy KarmaFX.
audiojunkie

Re: Custom window sizes in v1.02

Post by audiojunkie »

karmafx wrote:Hi!

Since I've just added support for custom window sizes, I want to share these cool screenshots.

Here is the Synth running in 1600x1000. Plenty of room compared to the standard 1024x768.

***Image Removed to save space.***

If you want to go crazy, you can also set it to around 3200x1000 e.g. for running on dual monitors:

*** Image Removed to save space.***

1024x768 will still be the standard resolution.
But this option is nice if you have pixels to spare.
Maximum resolution is 3200x1200. Minimum is 400x400.

Will be in v1.02.
This is great!!! Thanks for the great work you are doing!!!! Any ideas as to when you will get the patch downloading part of your web page set up?

--Sean

P.S. Congrats on finally finding that nasty Sonar bug! :-)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Thanks man! :D

Well, I really did work on the patch download area. You can see a non- working, work-in-progress page here:

http://karmafx.net/extras/

but I havn't really received that many patch banks to begin with...I guess we're really waiting for me to finish those banks I'm working on :-)

I think I might have one or two user banks I can dig out, but alot of the those patches are already in the standard presets.
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

uhhh, I was waiting for the contest before I sent in my patches. :wink:
J3RK

Post by J3RK »

This looks incredibly helpful. I can't wait to try it out. That was my only real functional complaint. The rest of my issues are wish list/feature requests. Nice!
PoV

Post by PoV »

Cool. Is there any particular reason for the 3200x1200 restriction?

I run a pair of Dell 24" that 'technically' give me a full width of 3840x1200, though I never make an app larger than a single monitor. Both Dell and Apple offer 30" screens with 2560x1600 resolutions. And to note, I have a couple friends (not in to music, but as an example) that run a 24" monitor vertically (1200x1920).

No doubt 4k and UD [link] consumer displays are a number of years out. But if the numbers are just arbitrary, you could be reasonably future proof with WHUXGA [link]. ;)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

The only real reason to have a limitation is because the skins have to be compatible with all resolutions. For example the blue skin has a background that goes from top to bottom but is tiled horizontally. I've had to redo this to support 1200 vertical pixels.

But I agree that it might be wise to think a little ahead and bump up the resolution restriction to support the cases you mention. Thanks.
audiojunkie

Post by audiojunkie »

karmafx wrote:Thanks man! :D

Well, I really did work on the patch download area. You can see a non- working, work-in-progress page here:

http://karmafx.net/extras/

but I havn't really received that many patch banks to begin with...I guess we're really waiting for me to finish those banks I'm working on :-)

I think I might have one or two user banks I can dig out, but alot of the those patches are already in the standard presets.
It looks good, we just need it to work now. :-) I'm ready to create patches for contribution, as soon as the download area is up. I'm also ready to do a big push to get everyone to contribute to the download area, as soon as it is ready.

--Sean
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

karmafx wrote:But I agree that it might be wise to think a little ahead and bump up the resolution restriction to support the cases you mention. Thanks.
I've increased the max resolution to 4096x2048 in the final v1.02 build.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

audiojunkie wrote:It looks good, we just need it to work now. :-) I'm ready to create patches for contribution, as soon as the download area is up. I'm also ready to do a big push to get everyone to contribute to the download area, as soon as it is ready.
Super! I cannot express how great that sounds, Sean !
I really wanted to make the download area support dynamic user uploads, but for starters I think I'll just keep it simple and get it up and running first with some simple banks.

I'll try to wrap it up shortly.

Thanks.