FR: Containers in KarmaFX Synth ?

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
karmafx
Site Admin

FR: Containers in KarmaFX Synth ?

Post by karmafx »

Moved from Master list:
ksn wrote:Kasper,

Is there any chance that we can have, in the (close or distant) future, "containers" in KarmaFX Synth ?
I mean a module where we can enclose other modules with all the wiring and so on, like a sub-patch.

The most basic benefit would be the gain in visibility in the patches.
Then the top options would be to be able to save them separatly from the patch /load them in new patches (sort of self contained instances), or also to have a special Control panel specific for each container, and so on...

EXT can do this stuff because you can load eXT instances inside eXT, Pure-Data has abstractions and sub-patches, etc...
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: FR: Containers in KarmaFX Synth ?

Post by karmafx »

To be honest I don't have any plans for that...

But it is a very good point!!
Being able to save a group/collection of modules to be reused in another patch would surely be beneficial.

Also, I was thinking it could be used to move a collection of modules as one with the mouse, which can be quite tedius once your patches start cluttering.

PS: I moved your posting to a separate thread, so its easier for other to pitch in if that have ideas/comments.
MadGonzo

Post by MadGonzo »

karmafx wrote:To be honest I don't have any plans for that...

But it is a very good point!!
Being able to save a group/collection of modules to be reused in another patch would surely be beneficial.

Also, I was thinking it could be used to move a collection of modules as one with the mouse, which can be quite tedius once your patches start cluttering.

PS: I moved your posting to a separate thread, so its easier for other to pitch in if that have ideas/comments.
this would be a pretty good idea
id use it
sweet_trip

Post by sweet_trip »

this could be a work around to renaming modules.
+1