Is there any way to...

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
MadPsyance

Is there any way to...

Post by MadPsyance »

Say I have an envelope module or a step sequencer module....and I want to have it triggered when I hit play with my sequencer or triggered with the first note , but NOT retrigger with every note following the first note...I think there is a term for this...legato maybe?

Basically, I want to create these long 4 or 8 or 16...or whatever length evolving sequences with the envelope or s.s. modulating something...but have an entire melody evolving...not retriggering on every note.... I don't know how to put this any clearer.

Thanks in advance for replies! :D
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi ! Yes, your'e right ! "legato" (in notepitch module) is what you need.

Hit a key...and hold that key, while playing other keys..
for an entire bar....that should do what you want.

The sequencer/envelope won't retrigger until you release all keys and press a new one.

- KarmaFX
MadPsyance

Post by MadPsyance »

Hey, thanks Karma! Thanks for the quick reply.

The whole legato thing is exactly what I was looking for...although I'll have to get used to either overlapping my notes or putting one long note through the whole sequence...which works fine for me.

I just don't know why developers haven't found a way around the traditional legato. I think it would be cool if there was an option in the envelope or s.s. where the first note would trigger it and would not retrigger for a set amount of beats, bars, seconds, whatever. Again, it's not just Karma, it's most if not all synths.

By the way, in the evelope, why can't I set the length in bars/beats...all I see is seconds and midi value(1-127)....same for the lfo too.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

I will be adding special midi trigger modules later on for doing the kind of stuff you mention.

adding bars/beats info is trivial...I've added it to the list ! Thanks.

- Kasper / KarmaFX
MadPsyance

Post by MadPsyance »

:D :!:
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

karmafx wrote:I will be adding special midi trigger modules later on for doing the kind of stuff you mention.

adding bars/beats info is trivial...I've added it to the list ! Thanks.

- Kasper / KarmaFX
Ah, awesome news. While we are on text info, would it be possible for the comb filter module to report in [k]hz rather than the 127 range? I've often wanted this when I've been tuning comb filters to a note by using a reference tone.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

robenestobenz wrote: Ah, awesome news. While we are on text info, would it be possible for the comb filter module to report in [k]hz rather than the 127 range? I've often wanted this when I've been tuning comb filters to a note by using a reference tone.
yes, no problem !