MIDI arpeggiator

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
bradleyfilms

MIDI arpeggiator

Post by bradleyfilms »

Seems a strange request for something that sits in a MIDI sequencer, but I was recently playing with and old version of Z3TA and found its MIDI arpeggiator surprisingly useful. Would it be possible to build a module that could take drag and drop MIDI snippets and have multiple slots so different snippets can be called up and played? Sequencing on the fly I suppose, and a glorified step sequencer to boot plus being able to use MIDI data as a basis for complex rhythmic arpeggiation.
Steve
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: MIDI arpeggiator

Post by karmafx »

Internally this is actually what the pattern module does,
but I guess you are after something different?
Do you need greater control over note lengths, positions or even chords?
bradleyfilms

Re: MIDI arpeggiator

Post by bradleyfilms »

Yes, it's the note lengths and positions really, to move the rhythms away from "mechanical". If a MIDI groove (generated by anything really) could be imported it would synch seamlessly no matter how synchopated that groove was. There are workarounds, but not easily done for key changes and nothing really for playing live.
I envisaged it working like this; the first note in the sequence becomes the root note and all the others are +/- in semitones from that with timings taken from note lengths and positions. A shift from eg major to minor would need a seperate sequence, hence different slots that can be dialled up on the fly.
If this can be done whilst holding a chord, even better.
Not sure how it would work if there was a chord in the sequence.
Anyway, just a thought.
Steve