USB Portability Request

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
audiojunkie

USB Portability Request

Post by audiojunkie »

Hi Kasper! :D

I just got the latest version. I love the sampling features and the sfz format features you've been adding lately. Thanks so much!

Since you just finished with a version release, I thought it might be a good time to ask about making the software capable of being portable (like being able to run from a flash drive). I am not able to install anything on my work computer, but they let me use things from my usb drive. I create little loops and such for some of our in-house training pages. It would be nice to be able to use KarmaFX Synth from my USB drive--the quality of your synth is so great! :D Any chance you can add this?

Thanks again! :D

--Sean
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: USB Portability Request

Post by karmafx »

yeah. I'm sure you a referring to "portable apps", no? Not really sure what the difference is, except to use an ini file instead of the registry, but I'll try to look into it.
audiojunkie

Post by audiojunkie »

karmafx wrote:yeah. I'm sure you a referring to "portable apps", no? Not really sure what the difference is, except to use an ini file instead of the registry, but I'll try to look into it.
That would be the majority of it, I'm sure. Also, the paths for everything would need to be somehow kept together without causing problems. I remember 1-2-Many requesting (here on the board) the ability to keep library files somehow out of the way so that non-vst dlls are not seen. Maybe both of these requests could be somehow worked out together--to work for everyone. :-)

Here are some other links regarding this request...

viewtopic.php?p=1715#p1715
viewtopic.php?p=2500#p2500
viewtopic.php?p=2505#p2505

Thanks!

--Sean
rocket34bg

Post by rocket34bg »

i'd use this for sure. i mainly use reaper, u-he uhbiks, and free plugins that don't need to be installed and i can do everything portably and open project folders up on computers with no music software installed.

sadly my main synth (karmafx) can't do this! it'd be very cool, i bet more people would do it if they knew they could