Karmafx

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Majestic

Karmafx

Post by Majestic »

I like this program a lot, it's pretty easier ( MUCH easier than reaktor, just by looks alone, and more cool looking ).

$130 is a bit high though, i guess when compared to reaktors $500, it's not so bad.

Will there be an arpeggiator included in the next update? I REALLY want an arpeggiator for this program to make arpeggiated pads.

Will there ever be an export>to vst or export to > to wave option?

Also, i don't know if it's because i'm using the demo, but the release knob on the asdr envelopes do not work at all, when creating a new patch, but work on already created patches.

I think I may get this though. Do you get a discount on KarmaFX for signing up on this forum?
MadGonzo

Re: Karmafx

Post by MadGonzo »

export to vst would have been cool, but hard to make

also arpeggiator = step sequencer module
it has more features than most arpeggiators.. afaik

and release works fine on live version =)
Majestic

Post by Majestic »

I also get overflow error everytime i try to use reverb or delay
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi Majestic !

Welcome! So glad you like the synth!! 8)

As MadGonzo mentions, there's already an arp built-in to the pattern module.
So just fire that up, or go through some patches, and I'm sure you'll hear it in action.

If release doesn't seem to work, be sure to turn off gate on the amplifier and that the adsr controls the amp volume. Likely that's the reason?!

Not sure what you mean by export to vst/wave?! But if your talking about using the synth to create separate vst plugins, then no, this is not the plan.

Sorry, there is no discount for forum signup. But if you play around with the demo, I'm sure you'll find that the current pricing is already a steal. Please don't hesitate to e-mail or write me here if you have any further questions though!
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Majestic wrote:I also get overflow error everytime i try to use reverb or delay
eh, really?!? :shock:
On all patches using reverb and delay?? or when creating your own patches?
Overflow should very rarely happen, except when making feedback loops.
Majestic

Post by Majestic »

Is there anyway to export the patches I make in .wav format for external use?

also, turning off gate only makes the release infinite.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Majestic wrote:Is there anyway to export the patches I make in .wav format for external use?
You mean record the output to a .wav file? The best way to do this is inside your host application. It's normally called something like "export audio..." or "render wav" in the file menu.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Majestic wrote:Is there anyway to export the patches I make in .wav format for external use?

also, turning off gate only makes the release infinite.
In that case, the ADSR is not correctly controlling the Amp knob in the amplifier. Make sure that when you right click the "Amp" knob, the "Input" menu shows that it's using your ADSR (e.g. "Modulator 1").

Perhaps, it might be easier to take a look at the setup on a simple working patch, or run through the online tutorial "Basic Clicky Envelope Bass" here: http://karmafx.net/stuff/?ID=1
I'm absolutely positive that it works ! 8)
Majestic

Post by Majestic »

Ok I got it...i forgot to set the substain all the way up lol

last thing, you are able to change the background image anytime you want right?

I might be purchasing this product tomorrow.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Majestic wrote:...
last thing, you are able to change the background image anytime you want right?
Sure! The easiest way is to use the pre-made skins, either the bundled or the downloadable ones ( http://karmafx.net/stuff/?ID=2 ). :D
But if you have some specific background in mind, it's not that difficult to make your own skin using the downloadable skin pack. 8)