skin compatibility with 1.14+

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
grymmjack

skin compatibility with 1.14+

Post by grymmjack »

Hi Kasper, great that you've updated your synth. Love it. Can you tell me how to make my skin compatible with it? I tried simply emulating the structure of the current ones (seems you're switching to .zip files instead of .dll files) with DarkMatter.zip, and DarkMatter subdirectory therein with the skin files, but it doesn't work and I'm guessing a lot has changed.

Can you help me port my skin forward?

Thanks!

I tried to email a reply to synthmodular@karmafx.net (the update announcement email) but it bounced.
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: skin compatibility with 1.14+

Post by karmafx »

Sure! 8)

but it's funny, a few days ago a fan of that skin sent me an e-mail with a port of the skin to .zip. I just havn't had time to put it online yet! :D

Tell you what, I'm gonna forward it to you first, so you can verify that it looks the way you want it. If you have some changes, just sent me a revised version, or use it as a base to create your own conversion.

The overall skin format isn't that different from the old version.
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Oh cool!

Just the other day I tried to extract the .bmp's of the .dll to have a go at converting it to the new skin format, exactly because of that DarkMatter skin!

I'm glad someone already done it and maybe speed up grymmjack's conversion work.

Can't wait to try it on 1.14
grymmjack

Post by grymmjack »

Well I tried to open the file you sent Kasper, but it caused fatal errors and Live crashed. :(
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

grymmjack wrote:Well I tried to open the file you sent Kasper, but it caused fatal errors and Live crashed. :(
Sorry to hear that. :shock:
I'll take a look. Thanks.