newbie asks: Midi out - Audio in - Manual

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
ThomThom

newbie asks: Midi out - Audio in - Manual

Post by ThomThom »

Hi there,
I'm just testing karmafx in Reaper.

Getting into a new synth can take some time, so before I getting deeper and buying stuff, I'd like to clarify some things before.

Manual: where can I find the manual?

Midi out: especially I'm interested in using step modulator and pattern controller to trigger other synths. Is that possible (Midi out)? How can that be done?

Audio in: I also would like to use the built in effects by other vsti. So I expect, karamafx can be handled as a modular effect vst. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help
ThomThom
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: newbie asks: Midi out - Audio in - Manual

Post by karmafx »

ThomThom wrote: Manual: where can I find the manual?
Manual is currently only shipped with the registered version, but if you want to test it more thoroughly, please contact me by e-mail and I can send you the manual.
ThomThom wrote: Midi out: especially I'm interested in using step modulator and pattern controller to trigger other synths. Is that possible (Midi out)? How can that be done?
No, midi out is currently _not_ supported. It's certainly possible, and it is a planned feature. It would be really cool to control e.g. hardware synths using step and envelope modules.
ThomThom wrote: Audio in: I also would like to use the built in effects by other vsti. So I expect, karamafx can be handled as a modular effect vst. Is that possible?
Sure! Audio in is supported and the synth can actually work as a separate effect module, complete with multiple (sidechain) inputs.