Karma FX tutorial..

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Rekko

Karma FX tutorial..

Post by Rekko »

Coming from a guitar playing history, I find music reasonably easy to compose.... but I am terrible at synth programming..

After downloading a bunch of free VSTs and getting some commerical ones, I feel Karma FX is the best soft synth I have ever used!

Having the FX all on the same screen, and the ability to route generators, filters/ FX/ LFOs in practically anyway provides unlimited creative potential.

However, Karma is also very complex, and I often feel lost. It would be great if there was some kind of really focused Karma tutorial that would help Newbies like me get off the ground. For example, including a Midi file, or .cpr Cubase project file, and then a tutorial describing exactly how to design patches for each Midi track would be really useful.

There just aint enough of these kind of tutorials around, and I think alot of people would appreciate it? Any experienced Karma users fancy taking on the task?? Be sure to let me know..
soulkraka

Post by soulkraka »

excellent suggestion...and i agree, karmafx synth is one of the very best :)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hello Rekko ! I agree.

In time I hope to have tutorials like that on the website.
I'm too busy coding at the moment, but if anyone feels up for the task, let me know and I will happily put it online.

Also, rumor has it that next months UK magazine Computer Music will have a two page KarmaFX tutorial (Scott Solida's Synth Essentials column)...

- KarmaFX
Rekko

Post by Rekko »

Great, I'll look out for that tutorial in Computer Music.

Karma could use a manual at some stage also... :idea:
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Rekko wrote:
Karma could use a manual at some stage also... :idea:
Yes, I know :oops: ...a user-manual is in the works... :)

- KarmaFX
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

i really hope CM does do a tut on karma - its not getting the recognition it deserves - in fact it puts a lot of commercial VSTs to shame and yet people still clutch to these $400 VSTs that suck...

it will be good if CM brings the awesome karma to more peoples attention 8)
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

How long before a manual is available? I guess its not really urgent cause Karma is so straightforward - but it would be nice to know absolutely everything about this wicked synth :D
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Well, it is only *slowly* progressing...
I aim at having it done by the time it reaches version 1.0.

- KarmaFX
Tom Goldschmidt

On line tutorial, in french

Post by Tom Goldschmidt »

Hi,

In fact, I put a tutorial on line, in French, it is reasonably long (5 pages), but it is more a "create yout first virtual synth using Karma" tutorial than a real Karma tutorial. And it is absolutely not a user's guide - which I personnally desperately await -. Anyway, if anybody is interested, it starts on
http://www.inspira-sons.info/@formation ... nthe.shtml .
And no, sorry, I won't have the time to translate it in English during the next five centuries :(.
Regards,
TG
heimito

Re: On line tutorial, in french

Post by heimito »

Tom Goldschmidt wrote: http://www.inspira-sons.info/@formation ... nthe.shtml .
And no, sorry, I won't have the time to translate it in English during the next five centuries :(.
Regards,
TG
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I registered, because I made a rough translation to the page mentioned above.
You'll find it at http://www.heimito.de/tutorials.html

I'd be happy to host some more Karma FX tutorials on my site, in order to install a little Karma Corner.
So, if anyone wants to help me writing some tuts, please contact me.

Cheers.
heimito
ksn

Re: On line tutorial, in french

Post by ksn »

Tom Goldschmidt wrote:Hi,

In fact, I put a tutorial on line, in French, it is reasonably long (5 pages), but it is more a "create yout first virtual synth using Karma" tutorial than a real Karma tutorial. And it is absolutely not a user's guide - which I personnally desperately await -. Anyway, if anybody is interested, it starts on
http://www.inspira-sons.info/@formation ... nthe.shtml .
Regards,
TG
it's an excellent tutorial. i saw it some months ago (et oui je suis français, ça aide ;) ). really useful for beginners
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Cool! Great job!
Thanks for the translation, and for telling us about it.
8)