KarmaFX Synth Modular 1 -> 2 upgrade pricing

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Koshdukai

KarmaFX Synth Modular 1 -> 2 upgrade pricing

Post by Koshdukai »

Hi :)
For registered users of KarmaFX Synth Modular 1.x, this is a paid upgrade.
However, there is an exclusive upgrade-offer sent out via e-mail.
This discount lasts for a limited-time only, so don't miss out on this opportunity.
So, a new license is $199 and I know what's the exclusive upgrade-offer (just checked the link on the email)
but... what's the regular upgrade price, without the time-limited discount ?

I'm asking this because the current "exclusive upgrade-offer" is far from being a no-brainer for me, unfortunately (sorry, and I've read the changelog) so this got me curious about the actual no-discount upgrade price or if the current discount is being applied by mistake to the full price instead of the upgrade price, which would be a more suitable (and expected) formula, IMHO.

Example: A full NI KOMPLETE 12 is 599€ but the upgrade is 199€. If there's a special 50% sale (like the recent "SUMMER OF SOUND SALE"), they apply it to both, the 599€ and to the 199€. The upgrade never becomes 50% of 599€ on those special occasions :)
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: KarmaFX Synth Modular 1 -> 2 upgrade pricing

Post by karmafx »

Hi Koshdukai!

Thanks for getting in touch and for your comments.

There is only one upgrade offer. And that is the time limited offer, which is exclusive for registered v1.x users.
After that, the synth is full price.

The synth has had a more-or-less fixed price since 2007, so price adjustment is partly inflation / currency correction.

Hope that clears it up.

Best,
- Kasper / KarmaFX
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Yes, thanks for the clarification.

So, the "upgrade offer" itself is time-limited. I thought there would be a natural upgrade option ("forever") as we're (at least I'm) used to on major version updates/upgrades on other (music) products and an exclusive time-limited opportunity to do it at a lower (than usual) price.

But your answer clarified it.

Won't go on details publicly about my own opinions on this (but will gladly in private, if helpful) :)

Thank you!
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Sure, Koshdukai.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Perhaps I'm missing something?
Please send me a pm or email me.

Thanks again.

Best,
- Kasper / KarmaFX
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Email sent :)

Still looking at this and asking myself why even reference the "registered users of KarmaFX Synth Modular 1.x" and say that it's a "paid upgrade" for them, when it really doesn't matter if you own V1 or not (in the future).
For registered users of KarmaFX Synth Modular 1.x, KarmaFX Synth Modular 2 is a paid upgrade.
Reading the News/FAQ in November will be a bit confusing, because V1 users will in practice be no different from new users, price-wise.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Thanks Kosh. Good point.
I will be sure to update the FAQ and the terms when the time comes.

Best,
- Kasper / KarmaFX