Synth v1.00!

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Synth v1.00!

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

Woohoo! so happy! downloading now, im so excited :D
airyck

Post by airyck »

Me too! :D It's been a long time coming to this point. I remember when I first found Karma FX synth, I was very excited about the quality of it then. It has grown and grown and become quite the amazing instrument. It's really cool to be here when the 1st official release is about to come out :shock:

looking forward to it

cheers,
~airyck~
autodafe

Post by autodafe »

WOW just saw this relaese!!! downloaded immediately! :D
sync

Post by sync »

GUI optimization has fixed some slaggish loadtimes indeed, also switching to "heavier" patches seems to load faster, this is really quite nice.

Gj Blazer :twisted:
flos

Post by flos »

I'm not using the synth lately, but this news (expecially the performance improvements!) got me excited! :mrgreen:
dj.tuBIG/MaliceX

Post by dj.tuBIG/MaliceX »

There's still some bugs on this release (polyphony and unison control particularly), though some have already been addressed and are well into progress.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi :D

I've just uploaded RC4 for public download.

list of changes is available here: http://karmafx.net/news.html

and get it here: http://karmafx.net

Please let me know of any issues found as soon as possible.

Thanks!

- KarmaFX
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

thanks 8)

btw, dj.tuBIG, i have to say, i loved your oatmeal youtube videos and your patches (if you are the same guy who made them)
dj.tuBIG/MaliceX

mjob: Yeah, I'm the chubby 17-year old who finds joy in no-life tasks. :D
Thanks, though this isn't the right place to discuss. :P

KarmaFX: Just tested RC4, the unison and poly key problems are gone now! :D
Works just great! Can't say there are any issues to note. Of course there are more experienced users that'll pick them out.

Great stuff, I'll see if I can make heads or tails with this thing to make some patches. Again, can't thank you enough for the effort you put into this amazingly deep synth. :O

EDIT: Actually, there is one clarification I'd like to address. When configuring "pitchbend" for NotePitch's "tune" knob:

2 semitones seems to act like 1 semitone each on positive and negative;
4 semitones acts 2 semitones on positive and negative
12 semitones acts 6 semitones (a diminished 5th) on positive and negative. (is there any way to do 5?)
24 semitones acts 12 semitones (octave) on positive and negative.

Not that it's important, though with pitch bend number configuration, would it be possible to do different values 'other' than the ones restricted to? It also seems a bit confusing, in my opinion, given that the number of semitones indicated is in "total" rather than "positive or negative" if you catch my drift.

If otherwise, would it be possible to have this "pitch bend range" function a bit more user-mappable in terms of how much semitones one wants instead of the ones restricted on the list? (whether it affects both positive and negative, or individually, it's up to you.)

Thanks again.

FORMAL REPORT FORMAT:
1. KarmaFX Synth v1.00 RC4
2. Cantabile Lite 1.2, energyXT2 (it doesn't matter.)
3. Pitch bend range mapping control; a suggestion to have the control more 'user-definable' than using restricted values, in addition to having the numbers correspond to "positive/negative" ranges rather than "total range."
4. Any notepitch module. RIGHT-CLICK "Tune" on that module, enable Pitch bend, and also look on the menu the list of 'semitones' available. Personally as a hobbyist sound programmer and performer, should this be more 'user-definable'?

Really, the ultimate 'realistic-use' limits should be +/-24 semitones (2 octaves) and if possible, the ability to set the range individually for positive and negative seperately. (ie: -12 semitones for neg range, +2 semitones for pos range)

This is a user-suggestion. Thanks again.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Thank you for testing it, dj.tuBIG/MaliceX! Glad it works.

Your'e absolutely right that 2 semitone range is +-1 semitone, and I understand the confusion.
I've put your suggestion on my todo list. It won't make it into version 1.0 final, but I think it's a good idea.

Of course one option is to use a mididata module and route the pitchbend directly into either freq (in an osc) or tune (in notepitch) to get different mappings, but it is a bit tedius.
dj.tuBIG/MaliceX

That's sweet. I have one question (new to modular routing.)

How does one control the 'note hold' for sustain pedal purposes? Unless it's not possible, I'd like someone to shed some light for me on this please. :D