Module: MIDI Data

Bug Reporting
pedx1ng

Module: MIDI Data

Post by pedx1ng »

This may well not be a bug, but I am totally confused as to why this isn't working for me. Here's the scenario:

If I load the patch Pads:Strings, and add a Midi Data Module I am able to MIDI Learn a wheel on my keyboard successfully. I then route that module to control the envelope's filter cutoff. Everything works as expected.

I try the same exact thing, using the same steps, on the patch Bass:303 like27 and it doesn't work! The Midi Learn doesn't work.

Why does it see the Midi data in one patch but not the other? In either case, I have nothing routed into that specific module, so to my eyes nothing is different. :?

Thanks for any help.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

sounds strange... :cry:

is the non-working patch loaded in the same instance of the synth as the working patch?

I only ask, cause in some hosts you need to explicitly specify that you want it to receive midi events.

But if it doesn't work in one patch opposed to another the same instance, it does sound like a bug (of a very weird nature I might add :shock: ).
I'm going to try to reproduce that behaviour...
pedx1ng

Post by pedx1ng »

Same instance, yes.

I discovered some more information.

Using the same patch (Bass #103: 303 like27) I did the following:
I re-tried my previous test of adding the Midi Data module and learning and modulating filter cutoff. Once again it didn't work.

I turned off the Pattern module. I added a Note Pitch Controller module, and put it in place of the Pattern Module (same routing). I then re-tried the Midi Data stuff and it worked!

However, if I renable the Pattern module it stops working, whether the Note Pitch Controller module remains enabled or not.

I hope this isn't intended behavior.

Other infos: KarmaFX v1.02 registered
Reaper v2.301
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

No, not intended behaviour.
Thanks.
Argitoth

Post by Argitoth »

what should I title this bug for the bug list?
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

probaly "MidiData bug" ?! :-)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Fixed in v1.03: Bugfix: Pattern module would not pass midi control events. Fixed.