Offer for KARMA_FX

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Alexeus_Knober

Offer for KARMA_FX

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Hi! Possible in future to do so?

Also this will save CPU :roll:

Thanks-

karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hey Alexeus !

Thanks for the drawing ! :-)
not really sure I understand it...

Slider with Automation:
is this a volume control ?
If so, why can't you simply use the "out" sliders `?

Copy/Paste:
do you want to *duplicate* modules?
...i.e., make an exact copy of one module ?

- KarmaFX
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Hi karmafx!

Apologize for mess..
Slider with Automation:
is this a volume control ?
If so, why can't you simply use the "out" sliders `?
Yes, but its only 1 OUT slider.. I want more :oops:

1-Yes better use the slider(-0+) with automation on relationship to assign the importance miscellaneous with one LFO on different components simultaneously - will comfortable and will save CPU also,instead of use two and more alike LFOs.

For example: simultaneously -
1 LFO ---> +120 ---> Delay
1 LFO ---> -70 ---> Amplefier
1 LFO ---> +20 ---> Filter1
1 LFO ---> -67 ---> Reso Filter2

2- "copy" and "paste" components - its will good particularity.
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

yea thats tru we should have control over the level of signal each module sends to each module its routed to...like Buzz u could control the level with a slider for each connection.

Also a duplicate module would be handy, i agree :D
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Thank you for support!

So, what about mode "unison" on one generator? :wink: :lol:
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

I'd really like a copy/paste for whole modules.

I just about understand Alexeus' suggestion for per-line modulation signal sliders. I think it's a good one.

Mainly for the reason that being able to control the modulation signal per connection could cut down the number of modulation modules used. I very often set up my modwheel to affect a few parameters at once in a patch, and I have multiple modules to get the same modwheel movement affect parameters by different amounts.
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

I want to save settings of modules in files..
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Alexeus_Knober wrote:I want to save settings of modules in files..
hmmm.... I think I understand...because it is difficult to tweak some module to your favorite settings every time ?!
I'll think about it...Sounds like a >> version 1 feature though... :-)

Also, I'm reconsidering the volume control/inverter on wires idea.
It is not free though, i.e., the signal has to be processed for each wire,
so in many cases it might actually consume more cycles, but I'll consider it.

btw: I'm currently optimizing parts of the core KarmaFX engine, rewriting selected loops in SSE, etc.
A song that before ate 60% CPU (2 KarmaFX Synth instances + 5 KarmaFX Filter + 1 KarmaFX Reverb + 2 KarmaFX Delays + a few NON-KarmaFX plugs) now eats 38%.

- KarmaFX
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Alexeus_Knober wrote:Thank you for support!

So, what about mode "unison" on one generator? :wink: :lol:
Depends on what you mean by "unison"... ?!
I'm guessing you mean layering detuned generator to fatten up the sound...but please explain ....

- KarmaFX
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

karmafx wrote:
Alexeus_Knober wrote:I want to save settings of modules in files..
Also, I'm reconsidering the volume control/inverter on wires idea.
It is not free though, i.e., the signal has to be processed for each wire,
so in many cases it might actually consume more cycles, but I'll consider it.

btw: I'm currently optimizing parts of the core KarmaFX engine, rewriting selected loops in SSE, etc.
A song that before ate 60% CPU (2 KarmaFX Synth instances + 5 KarmaFX Filter + 1 KarmaFX Reverb + 2 KarmaFX Delays + a few NON-KarmaFX plugs) now eats 38%.

- KarmaFX
!!!
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Depends on what you mean by "unison"... ?!
I'm guessing you mean layering detuned generator to fatten up the sound...but please explain ....
Yes, I spoke about this!
Good Unison as in Z3tA+ or Zero_VECTOR.

But synthesizer very luxurious even without this :)

Thanks!!

PS - Karma_Talk_6.mp3 - inimitable !
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Alexeus_Knober wrote: Yes, I spoke about this!
Good Unison as in Z3tA+ or Zero_VECTOR.
But synthesizer very luxurious even without this :)
Ok, I don't know these synths. Will give it a try. :-) Thanks.
Alexeus_Knober wrote: PS - Karma_Talk_6.mp3 - inimitable !
not sure what you mean, Alexeus. You can't imitate talk 06 patches ?
which sounds exactly ? I assume you have looked at the patch list:
http://karmafx.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82
?

- KarmaFX
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Apologize for english - simply praising :)

sounds good, i dont want imitate 8)
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Exсuse me Kasper, but can you add to modules of generators, slider or knob ( + - 6 octaves ) for example? Very difficult create now simple patch with frequency more 2 octaves, if i add more than "1 NotePitch" controller and more 1 voice poly - its take me bugs (frequency) when playing notes.

Its save CPU too, if dont add new controllers for and its simple and cool for create patch.

- sorry if not understand. :?

PS - In "Reverb" module of sinth in filter section - bug (self-excitation) - Windows may down even. If I turn "off" filter self-excitation no, and all normal.

Sistem XP, FL Studio.

Thanks !
creepjoint

Post by creepjoint »

Hi, I guess this is the feature request thread...... :D

I would love to see a granular sample oscillator/sample player module 8)

great synth by the way :D
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Simple add more freq range and fixing in octaves points for easy creating.
Last edited by Alexeus_Knober on 20 Mar 2006 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Alexeus_Knober wrote: Simple add more freq range and fixing in octaves points for easy creating.
Good point, Alexeus ! Will see what I can do :)

- KarmaFX
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Thanks Dear Kasper :)
Hengy

Post by Hengy »

creepjoint wrote:
I would love to see a granular sample oscillator/sample player module
until we get a dedicated granular sampler - which would be a great addition by the way - you can get some grainy like effects by modulating the position control on the standard sampler. i've just set up one with an hfo(triangle), lfo(sq wave) and a step modulator (fairly random), and by tweaking the modulator speeds and gains you can get some really cool glitchy/granular effects. passing the sampler output through an fm control for a bit of pitch control and a filter to smooth out any sharp edges and it's really quite nice

this experiment did lead me to some feature requests though :-)

1) a sample and hold module so i can use a noise source to give a random value - good to fully randomise the sample position ;-)

2) the ability to rename modules (so i can remember which modulator is which on the pull down menus)

3) a way to link a 'synth' control knob to a drop down selector (in this case the speed control of the step modulator) , also if the 'synth' knobs are renamed with too long a name they should wrap onto two lines rther than overlapping

4) a way to make modules free run (in or out of sync) without needing a midi trigger to start them

but hey this synth is a lot of fun as it is
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Hengy wrote:1) a sample and hold module so i can use a noise source to give a random value - good to fully randomise the sample position ;-)
I may be getting you wrong, but doesn't the LFO module with the random waveform suffice for this function? As audio and modulation signals are interchangeable in KarmaFX, you should be able to use a noise oscillator to modulate things as well.
Hengy wrote:2) the ability to rename modules (so i can remember which modulator is which on the pull down menus)
I'd find this really useful. Especially when modules are in titlebar only mode.

Hengy wrote:4) a way to make modules free run (in or out of sync) without needing a midi trigger to start them
With the latest version, you shouldn't have this problem - just turn the "trigger" switch off on the module you want and it will now synchronise to your host transport.
Hengy wrote:but hey this synth is a lot of fun as it is
I couldn't agree more.

About your granular setup, I've been thinking of something similar as well. Wouldn't routing the sampler through to a few delays with different timing settings bring this even closer to granular synthesis? Might try your idea with this when I get home.
Hengy

Post by Hengy »

robenestobenz wrote:
Hengy wrote:1) a sample and hold module so i can use a noise source to give a random value - good to fully randomise the sample position ;-)
I may be getting you wrong, but doesn't the LFO module with the random waveform suffice for this function? As audio and modulation signals are interchangeable in KarmaFX, you should be able to use a noise oscillator to modulate things as well.
yes, but the random waveform is too fast fo me, i'd like a slow random step change, which i think a sample and hold would do - but i may e completely wrong
robenestobenz wrote:
Hengy wrote:4) a way to make modules free run (in or out of sync) without needing a midi trigger to start them
With the latest version, you shouldn't have this problem - just turn the "trigger" switch off on the module you want and it will now synchronise to your host transport.
oh i was being an arse... i wondered why it wasn't free running, i hadn't turned ext's transport on :oops:

robenestobenz wrote:About your granular setup, I've been thinking of something similar as well. Wouldn't routing the sampler through to a few delays with different timing settings bring this even closer to granular synthesis? Might try your idea with this when I get home.
mmmm a set of delays in the modulation paths might also be fun
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Re: trigger - yeah I had the same "problem" until I realised. Makes sense to have it trigger with the host really. Fellow EXT user, by the way.

If you are using the random waveform in an LFO module, turning the frequency down should still work as it does with the standard waveforms.
Hengy

Post by Hengy »

yes the random lfo does exactly what i wanted - for some reaon i had not noticed it and had tried to use a noise osc - duh

still can't get the sampler to free run though, i can only get it to work by giving it an initial midi note and letting it run in 'loop' mode - which is no hardship... i'll get there one day
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Hengy wrote:yes the random lfo does exactly what i wanted - for some reaon i had not noticed it and had tried to use a noise osc - duh

still can't get the sampler to free run though, i can only get it to work by giving it an initial midi note and letting it run in 'loop' mode - which is no hardship... i'll get there one day
Sounds like a good idea for a feature request to me. I mean, a sampler is usually something you play so I'd guess that's why it needs notes to trigger it. But in KarmaFX it can be used as a sound source as much as an instrument, so I think having the same style of trigger option as everything else would be great.
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

yea good idea
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

so when should the sample be triggered ?
simply when the patch is loaded ?

btw: thanks for the ideas :D

- KarmaFX
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

if it wasnt in "free run" mode, trigger it when you click the option to make it free run - if your loading a patch that has a free run sampler in it jsut trigger it when tha patch loads.

i think thats the best way?
Hengy

Post by Hengy »

yes, exactly what i'd like :D
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Yup, volume sliders and the trigger stuff will be in next release.

- KarmaFX
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

awesome..thanks man 8)
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

karmafx wrote:Yup, volume sliders and the trigger stuff will be in next release.

- KarmaFX
Excellent news. I can't wait to try the new version out - some really great features from the sound of things.
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Yes!

You are a best programmer on the earth :!:

:D :D :D
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

:D :D Great Alexeus, but still, the volume thing was *your* suggestion!
Hope you like how it turned out !
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

But as it is executed beautifully! The Art!

Huge and difficult work! :x

My congratulations!!! 8)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Alexeus_Knober wrote:Image

Simple add more freq range and fixing in octaves points for easy creating.
Hi Alexeus !

I'm happy to inform you that I've followed your suggestion and added this feature to the latest 0.94 release of the synth.

To access it right click on "freq" or "freq2" and select the appropriate options from the submenus under "Range" and "Snap", where range is
2, 4, or 8 octaves, and snap is "none", "cents", "semitones" and "octaves".

It is actually quite useful, since it is now possible to modulate these knobs directly instead of bothering the controller.

So, hope you like it and Thanks for the suggestion ! :D

btw: The same options are available in Osc1 and Sampler.
I'll propably be adding these kind of options to more knobs in the future.

- KarmaFX
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Kasper - You are a good magician :!: :D

We shall wait :wink:
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Alexeus_Knober wrote:Kasper - You are a good magician :!: :D

Alexeus, it's out. Go have a look at the main page. Excellent suggestion re. the freq knobs - I'm glad it's been implemented.
berksky

Post by berksky »

This is really cool. However, I think there is a bug somewhere. Try setting the range to 4 octaves and snap to semitones. It is not possible to set the frequency to 5 semi. At 14, it's 4 semi, at 15, it's 6 semi. Sounds like some rounding error. Actually, I played with it some more with a tuner attached to the output, the snapping acts really weird. Start increasing frequency (starting from 440hz, A), you will hit A# at 2 (it still reads 0 semitones), B at 6 (it reads 1 semitones), etc.

Also, it does not look like snap and range setting are saved in a patch.

Sorry for the quick bug report :-)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

huh...they should be saved ?! ...I did test that ! hmmm....

The snapping might be off though... no new features without bugs...you know me :roll: :oops: :wink: I'll look into it !
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

robenestobenz wrote:
Alexeus_Knober wrote:Kasper - You are a good magician :!: :D

Alexeus, it's out. Go have a look at the main page. Excellent suggestion re. the freq knobs - I'm glad it's been implemented.
YOOOOp :shock: - THANKS :!: All work beautifully in FL Studio!
But previous version was small bug (clicks) with delay communication volume (127) - now - that"s all right - sound clean :P

The Excellent realization "FREQ" and communication lines and 3 nice views
for wire appearance !! :idea:
:D :D :D

PS - the small question - "delay" effect like is not synchronized automatically with host?
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Alexeus_Knober wrote: PS - the small question - "delay" effect like is not synchronized automatically with host?
If you mean sync to host tempo (=bpm)?!, then yes this is automatic!
Alexeus_Knober

Post by Alexeus_Knober »

Yes - tempo host - Thanks -
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Yeah, delay seems to be synced to tempo.

KarmaFX delay comps are my favourite delays out of the ones I've tried. The excellent timing, the filtering and the stereo imaging make them indispensible to me.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

berksky wrote:This is really cool. However, I think there is a bug somewhere. Try setting the range to 4 octaves and snap to semitones....
you are right, the snap option is screwed. :oops:
should have someone looking over my shoulder when i code...i'm obviously too tired... :wink:
just ignore it, i'll fix so its good in next release.