Feature Request - Clone Module

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Feature Request - Clone Module

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

I have a feeling this has been asked for before - but ill ask again - it would be nice to be able to right-click on a modules title bar and have an option in the menu "Clone" that creates a copy with exactly the same settings (ie if cutoff is at 53%, the cloned ones will be too).
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

:D no wonder it sounded familiar - i was one of the people requesting it a while ago - hows that for bad memory :lol:
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

won't be a problem...next release perhaps ? ;-)
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Excellent, I'd find a lot of use for this. Will it be possible with the standard windows ctrl+click-drag shortcut for duplicating things?

Kasper, do you have any plans to be able to save presets for individual modules? It would be really useful for some of the larger modules like the reverb and EQ series.

I like the reverb a lot, by the way. I've found that you can get an airy, clear sound with it with little metallic quality - not something you find very often with VST reverbs under $100+. It's not always stable for me though - sometimes the wave will clip so much that it can't be drawn in the module oscilloscope and the host levels get so high that it ceases to make noise. Occasionally this will be followed by an exception error, but I haven't been able to find any one setting that makes the bug reproducible yet - any idea of what could be causing this?

//edit: Just saw there is a new version out, with a reverb bug fixed - might be this one. God I wish I was at home, having fun with the new release, far away from work.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

I'm really interested in that exception error ?!! (I doubt that bug is fixed)
Why does it clip ? Isn't there anything drawn in the display..then it sounds like DC feedback. I'll look into it. If possible please send me a patch so I can reproduce...

preset for individual modules is an interesting idea...I'll think about it.
The question I guess is really where/how these presets should be stored ?

- KarmaFX
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

karmafx wrote:I'm really interested in that exception error ?!! (I doubt that bug is fixed)
Why does it clip ? Isn't there anything drawn in the display..then it sounds like DC feedback. I'll look into it. If possible please send me a patch so I can reproduce...

preset for individual modules is an interesting idea...I'll think about it.
The question I guess is really where/how these presets should be stored ?

- KarmaFX
Yeah, there's nothing drawn in the wave display. I'll do a detailed test when I get home, so I can give you more specifics about the behaviour.

As for the module presets, maybe a /modules subfolder containing one file of global presets for each module would work? Or it could be something closer to how the patches are stored now, with a modules/[module] folder with an index.txt and patches saved as individual files.
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

I couldn't produce any problems with the reverb now, strange. Not that I'm unhappy about that :)