Patches people ?

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
karmafx
Site Admin

Patches people ?

Post by karmafx »

As you've propably noticed the synth is slowly approaching version 1.0.

I would like to ship version 1.0 with some really nice well sounding patch banks. Most of them I'll be making myself, but if any of you guys have made some cool sounding ones that your'e willing to share, now would be a good time to send them to me.

I'm thinking of splitting the patches into a bass bank, a lead bank, a drum bank, a pad bank and an fx bank, with some slots intentionally left empty so users can save their own work. Waddya think, is that a good idea or not ?

- KarmaFX
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Having a different bank for each type of patch sounds like a good idea to me, if you have enough patches by release. I like a lot of your patches, presumably you are going to pick the best and include them?

I'm going to need a bit more time to build up a decent amount of patches though...

I can submit to you the decent ones out of what I have so far, if you like.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Well, I expect to release next version within a month or so...so anything within that timeframe is fine ! But in anycase, just sending me what you have already would be kewl. And, yes I expect to select the best sounding patches for the banks. 8)
blurk

Post by blurk »

I'd like to try and make some patches, but so far I haven't had time to do more than just tweak some of the existing ones (hallucinegenic in particular).
frankvg

Post by frankvg »

good idea; you can certainly expect a few from me

cheers,
f.
frankvg

Post by frankvg »

Hi Kasper,

Did you receive my link? I haven't heard from you :( I also asked for some patches I would like to study since my programming (so far) sounds crap. :oops:

cheers,
f.