FR: sizeable window step modulator

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
frankvg

FR: sizeable window step modulator

Post by frankvg »

Perhaps a stupid request but here goes:

I wanted to model a step modulator curve on a sample but it was actually quite difficult because of the different window sizes. Especially if you use a beat loop with some irregularities the same size window could be quite handy.

cheers,
f.
frankvg

Post by frankvg »

actually, when I think about this: it would be even better to be able to paint the step curve in the SAME window as the sample.... :shock:
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

#1) good point !
#2) now you are just being silly ;-) ...

but I'll think about it ! :-)
frankvg

Post by frankvg »

karmafx wrote: #2) now you are just being silly ;-) ...
:( I thought it was a stroke of genius....
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

:D it was really....

but that would require the step stuff to actually be inside the sampler or vice versa ?
frankvg

Post by frankvg »

karmafx wrote:but that would require the step stuff to actually be inside the sampler or vice versa ?
Yes, perhaps a translucent window that goes inside the markers (see other FR that I posted) that you can toggle on/off and a 'copy to step modulator' option..... :shock:
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Actually, what I think would be really useful is a single volume envelope inside the sampler. I've been using the sampler module quite a bit recently, and often found myself going into external programs to change the volume of the start and end of a sample to remove the sudden volume drop of a reversed sample ending or the percussive element of a string being plucked, for example.
frankvg wrote:Perhaps a stupid request but here goes:

I wanted to model a step modulator curve on a sample but it was actually quite difficult because of the different window sizes. Especially if you use a beat loop with some irregularities the same size window could be quite handy.

cheers,
f.
The one problem with this is that the duration of the sample changes according to the pitch, so the step sequencer wouldn't stay synced.
frankvg

Post by frankvg »

robenestobenz wrote:The one problem with this is that the duration of the sample changes according to the pitch, so the step sequencer wouldn't stay synced.
yes, that is indeed a good point.

cheers,
f.