noob quesion: modulator

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
commiekazi

noob quesion: modulator

Post by commiekazi »

HI, i am new to karmafx and to computer music in general, so please forgive my ignorance.

I was playing around with the karmafx synth, and was not able to figure out how to patch modulators to any other modules. Normally you connect the modules by assigning input patches, but this doesn't seem to be the case for modulator. I noticed that in presets the cables going from from modulators are different color from other calbes, so i thought that also must mean someting.

Thanks
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

Hi commiekazi, welcome to the KarmaFX forums.

Patching a modulation signal to another module isn't done in the same way as with audio signals. You patch it directly to the parameter you want to modulate - holding ctrl, click on the title bar of your modulator and then click on the actual slider or knob you want to modulate. Let go of ctrl and your modulation will now work.
commiekazi

Post by commiekazi »

Ahhh... i see.

Sweet. Thanks a lot, robeneztobenz. Now i see how flexible this synth really is. Wow.
robenestobenz

Post by robenestobenz »

commiekazi wrote:Ahhh... i see.

Sweet. Thanks a lot, robeneztobenz. Now i see how flexible this synth really is. Wow.
Happy to help. Yeah, it's an awesome plugin.

It's not even just a synth - using the input generator module and feeding it some audio, you can create your own custom FX plugins.