Karma crash

Bug Reporting
DJ_Rx

Karma crash

Post by DJ_Rx »

first of all i would like to thank for creating one of my favourite donationaware synth ever! now, every now and then the program asks for update, this is not a problem, but when i updated the latest evrsion to my DAW, karma started to crash every 30min... this is such a huge problem for me, beacause i love the sound of karma and love to use it a lot in my productions...

i?m using latest updated version of cubase sx 3, m.-audio audiophile firewire soundcard and AMD 3.6 pc. I tested karma at our midi class as well and i had similiar problems with the other m-box2 system as well.

Has anyone had similiar problems and has anybody solved this problem?

Thanks for your help!
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi! So sorry to hear that !

when did you update?
...please make sure you are using 0.95c, not 0.95b !?

also, in what way does it crash ? does it hang/freeze the computer, does it reboot, or does it crash cubase?

thanks.
DJ_Rx

Post by DJ_Rx »

Hello Kasper!

I?ve got version 0.95c, tried it on 3 different computers(my own and 2 midi class computers, just to be shure it?s not my own computer that just does this), all running latest version of cubase and M-audio AP / M-box 2...
I have not done any changes to my gear or system before or afterwards I?ve installed the latests version to my computer.

what happens is that the karmafx synth screen freezes, then cubase just locks itself and sometimes few moments later the whole computer just freezes.

This is very odd because i have NEVER had any problems with the karmaFX synth (until now that is)

Is there any things i could investigate or change in my system that might help to solve this thing?
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

it sure sounds like the bug that was present in 0.95b...but I havn't experienced it since....so I thought it was fixed in 0.95c!
I don't think you're doing anything wrong.
I'm guessing it just freezes "out of the blue", i.e., you don't do anything special to make it happen....in that case its propably a deadlock bug.

I'll investiage on an AMD...and hopefully provide a fix that you can try A.S.A.P !

btw: what patch were you using..not sure if it matters..but just to be sure. Sometimes these bugs are *hard* to replicate.

Thanks again!
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

also are you running "one" or "more" instances of the synth ?
DJ_Rx

Post by DJ_Rx »

karmafx wrote:it sure sounds like the bug that was present in 0.95b...but I havn't experienced it since....so I thought it was fixed in 0.95c!
I don't think you're doing anything wrong.
I'm guessing it just freezes "out of the blue", i.e., you don't do anything special to make it happen....in that case its propably a deadlock bug.

I'll investiage on an AMD...and hopefully provide a fix that you can try A.S.A.P !

btw: what patch were you using..not sure if it matters..but just to be sure. Sometimes these bugs are *hard* to replicate.

Thanks again!
Yeah it crashes sometimes when you move a knob or when you play a track or when you don?t even do anything... although it only crashes when you have the synth window open, when it?s closed everything seems to work just fine...

I don?t use patches, but i can recall one very simple setup i made that crashed karmafx

OSC 1 OSC 2
\ /
Filter - ADSR (and LFO attached to cutoff)
|
FM - LFO x 2 (ratio, modindex) - LFO (**)
|
AMP - ADSR
|
Notepitch
|
Phacer
|
Dist.
|
output

** LFO attached to both Lfos rate knobs)