How about granular?

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
randomelement2

How about granular?

Post by randomelement2 »

I'm much more interested in taking soundfonts and waves from non-electronic sounds and tweaking them than other forms of synthesis. I've heard granular samples on different sites, and this sounds like exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Any plans for the future? Thanks.
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: How about granular?

Post by karmafx »

randomelement2 wrote:I'm much more interested in taking soundfonts and waves from non-electronic sounds and tweaking them than other forms of synthesis. I've heard granular samples on different sites, and this sounds like exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Any plans for the future? Thanks.
Hi! It has been requested many times, and is certainly something I will consider.
But right now, I cannot say if or when that will happen. Sorry. :oops:
randomelement2

Re: How about granular?

Post by randomelement2 »

Thanks. In case you or anyone else is interested, here's the site for Granite, which has samples of the original then granualized sample.

http://www.newsonicarts.com/granite_listen.html

These have a unique sound to my ears, organic but unfamiliar. I have to admit feeling bored of other synths where you read about how new its methods are, but when I listen to samples, to me at least, I feel like I've heard them 1,000 times before (the latest being Dune from Synapse Audio).

Granular along with modularity would be a great combination, I think.