Stack overflow

Bug Reporting
ouroboros

Stack overflow

Post by ouroboros »

This is a wonderful synth, thank you!

I thought you should know that in FL 6.08, if in the fruitywrapper, an automation clip is created for one of the front panel controls, it results in a stack overflow error for me. Don't know what's really going on, but it keeps me from externally modulating things.

thanks!

1. v.91 KarmaFX synth
2.FL 6.08
3. "Stack Overflow" windows box opens, plugin crash, then sometimes host
4. yes, reproducible. everything is fine until the transport is punched.
ouroboros

update

Post by ouroboros »

actually, it might have something to doo with feedback, as it seems loosely connected to the cutoff and resonance? (Lots of FM going on in the patch)
soulkraka

Post by soulkraka »

I'm not having any problems at all creating automation clips via the "last tweaked parameter" method. (6.08 also)

while your here ouroboros, can you confirm that karmafx stills consumes CPU even when bypassed?
ouroboros

Post by ouroboros »

Yes, it does seem to consume cpu even when de-selected. I found moving the gui created a momentary drastic jump.

My stack overflow error occurs in a couple of patches in which I have some fm signals controlling paramters on generators: pad beasts!
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hmm..If possible send me one or two of the crashing patches and I'll look into it.

- KarmaFX
ouroboros

Post by ouroboros »

sent :)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

ouroboros wrote:sent :)
Thanks ouroboros !!!

I've tried out the patch, but it didn't "stack overflow" yet for me though.

However, it *did* crash when shutting down the synth. I think it has to do with using two polyphonic controllers. I havn't tested this setup much, so this is most propably a bug.

Unfotunatly I didn't have time to fix it in v0.92, but I'll be sure to make a fix for next release...

- KarmaFX
ouroboros

Post by ouroboros »

no problem at all, thanks for sharing this wonderful synth!
that patch crashed when shutting the program down for me, as well - I just attributed it to the "stack overflow" message I recieved prior.

I am d/l'ing the newest version as we speak :D